Engineer (Salmon Creek) Vancouver, WA
Under general supervision of the Maintenance Manager, Chief Engineer, or their designee, and provides continuous mechanical and electrical support service and repairs necessary to effectively maintain the safe operation of Kaiser Permanente facilities. Resolve and document all trouble calls relating to mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Responds to and resolves emergency maintenance calls.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on plant equipment, physical structure and associated equipment, including mechanical, electrical repairs and other duties relating to facility maintenance.
- Performs watch standing activities on physical plant equipment, including chemical analysis and treatment.
- Checks and replenishes supplies of fuel, materials, maintenance supplies, and repair parts.
- Performs fire and life safety inspections, and maintains appropriate records.
- Properly identifies and documents work which needs to be performed on equipment.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of work performed.
- Evaluates building equipment and systems; recommends changes, additions or deletions.
- Assists with new building or expansion start-ups when needed.
- Assists with snow and ice removal when needed.
- Performs building maintenance, repairs as required.
- Performs building inspections and equipment safety testing as required.
- Performs all related tasks as assigned by the Maintenance Manager or the Chief Engineer, or their designee.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills and clear communication both verbal and written.
- Journeyman Stationary Engineer or five (5) years experience in HVAC, plumbing, electrical maintenance and repair.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to obtain the following within the first 90 days of work: Limited Maintenance Electrical (LME) or higher, Refrigeration Piping Installers Certification, valid Driver's License, CFC Universal, or other licenses or certifications required by local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Able to use all tools of the trade.
- Able to read and interpret wiring schematics and blueprints.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Able to maintain high quality standards in a health care environment.
- Able to complete written documentation of all assigned work.
- Able to operate personal computers write basic building automation programs.
- Able to read/interpret blueprints.
Primary Location: Washington,Vancouver,Salmon Creek Medical/Dental Offices 14406 NE 20th
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Operating Engineers
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Facilities Services
Public Department Name: Facilities Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements