Financial Analyst Oakland, CA
The Marketing Sales and Services Administration (MSSA) area within Health Plan Operations is looking for a highly motivated person to be part of team that supports the financial administration budget process. Activities will include develops, interprets and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control. Performs technical analysis to determine present and future financial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts.
- Prepares more complex financial trend and data analysis reports.
- May be accountable for the coordination, compilation and distribution of financial data.
- Performs financial analysis upon identification of variances and prepares summary of key findings.
- Responsible for more complex departments/functions.
- Participates in the planning and development of regional, departmental and/or functional budgets.
- May be responsible for budget system completion.
- Participates in projects of moderate complexity as assigned and may lead projects of low complexity.
- Minimum two (2) years of financial analysis or related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in finance related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- General application of financial analysis concepts and principles.
- Full use and application of standard, financial analysis principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Required proficiency in PC based word processing and spreadsheet applications, including advanced functions such as graphics, pivot tables, and macros.
- Working knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems.
- Able to formulate study designs and conduct analyses.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Kaiser Center 300 Lakeside St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Monday - Friday
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Services
Public Department Name: MSSA Health Plan Operations
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements