Data Consultant Union City, CA
Job Number: 294195
Under general supervision, this position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting data. This position functions both as consultant and as a high-level statistical analytics programmer.
- Designs and enhances databases.
- Designs menu systems that are effective and user-friendly.
- Develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information.
- Designs and generates tracking and monitoring tools.
- Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
- Builds and maintains complex statistical routines using macros, vendor software, and software written by self and others.
- Tests and maintains data integrity across multiple databases (internal SAS, DB2, VSAM; external: Adobe, Excel, SAS parsing routines, COBOL).
- Builds sophisticated statistical models and forecasting tools using these databases.
- Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
- Formulates specific implementation plans and evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Develops creative alternative solutions.
- Works closely with IT and outside partners (and physicians for TPMG departments).
- May coordinate team/project activities and schedules.
- May assist in the determination of goals and priorities with team, clients, or project management sponsors.
- May provide leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors, clients, and various senior level audiences (including physicians for TPMG departments).
- Minimum three (3) years of programming in SAS, SQL, VBA, .net or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related analytical consulting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations
research, or related field required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Broad familiarity with medical practices, especially population management and process and outcomes measurement.
- Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems required
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases required.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Very strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to express complex analytical and technical information to senior management or to audiences with clinical training.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Analytical consulting experience in the healthcare field.
- Knowledge of JCL strongly preferred.
Job: Information Technology
Submit Click here for additonal requirements