Imaging Technician Aide Grade 180 (Temporary) South San Francisco, CA
Assists in examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the Physician and/or Designee.
- Interview patients and measure vital signs and other pertinent information as required by department.
- Records information in patients' medical record.
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination.
- Inventories, orders and replenishes medical supplies and materials.
- Schedules appointments, performs clinical tasks and completes appropriate forms as required by department.
- Records lab values and other treatment documentation as required by the department.
- May be responsible for cleaning, processing, sterilizing and checking instruments.
- Performs computer data entry functions.
- Performs clinical/technical skills specific to the department.
- Performs other related duties as necessary. Customer Service:
- Practices customer service standards as defined by the Medical Center and specified department. Anticipates the customer's needs, takes proactive steps to meet those needs, by listening and taking responsibility within scope to ensure issues are resolved.
- Promptly responds to alarms and patient requests.
- Facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
- Assures a clean, orderly, and .functional work environment. Team Commitment:
- Is an effective team member who is flexible, cooperative, and willing to assist others.
- Manages difficult or conflict situations constructively and seeks appropriate assistance.
- Takes accountability for own actions.
- Acts as a resource and mentor to new employees, students, and other team members.
- Actively participates in departmental professional development activities.
- Adheres to Attendance Policy.
- Supports a collaborative labor-management partnership environment.
- Supervisory Responsibilities:This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- 6 months or successful completion of Kaiser externship.
- Medical Terminology Certificate or equivalent experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
- BLS required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend medical information.
- Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated ability to use personal computer.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Primary Location: California,South San Francisco,S. San Francisco Hospital 1200 El Camino Real
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 30
Working Days: Week 1: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu 7:00AM to 1:00PM, Sat 7:30AM to 1:30PM; Week 2: Sun 7:30AM to 1:30PM, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri; Week 3: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu 7:00AM to1:00PM, Fri 7:30AM to 2:00PM Expected length of employment up to 3 months
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Imaging / Radiology
Public Department Name: Diagnostic Imaging / Radiology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements