Quality Specialist San Jose, CA
Supervises and monitors one or more of the following activities, continuing medical education, quality assurance, medical staff services and quality projects. This position primarily works within Continuing Medical Education. May also support some Medical Staff functions.
- Supervises the daily quality activities, ensuring timely and accurate data collection, follow up of issues and quality of work.
- Develops, implements and monitors quality departments policies and procedures; ensures they are in compliance with The Joint Commission, NCQA, CME, federal, state and local requirements.
- Assists in developing and revising QA monitors to meet accreditation/regulatory standards.
- Provides reports based on timely and accurate data collection, identifies trends and monitors issues.
- Monitors the budgets, researches variances, and identifies opportunities to reduce costs.
- Coordinates and facilities staff support to various committees (e.g., quality, accreditation) which includes agenda preparation and monitoring of outstanding issues. Coaches staff and ensures their competency.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and evaluates the CME programs, credentialing and privileges for permanent or temporary physicians and allied health providers.
- Coordinates and prepares for CME, accreditation, licensing, and quality surveys/audits.
- Maintains and monitors the various quality databases which may include quality reviews, CME, credentials and privileges and provider profiles.
- Assists in preparation of educational materials and course objectives. Maintains link between medical staff affairs and quality improvement, risk management, continuing medical staff education.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in quality improvement or accreditation required.
- Bachelor's degree in a health care related field or business administrationOR four (4)years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to perform statistical analysis.
- Current knowledge of The Joint Commission, NCQA, federal, state, & local requirements.
- Knowledge in application of adult learning theory in program development.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous supervisory experience recommended.
Primary Location: California,San Jose,San Jose Medical Offices - 275 275 Hospital Pkwy.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: QA / UR / Case Management
Public Department Name: Continuing Medical Education
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements