Executive Director Program and Portfolio Integration KPIT Oakland, CA
The IT Infrastructure Program (IP) is a multi-year, multi-billion dollar enterprise-wideinitiative to remediate and transform Kaiser Permanente's enterprise technology infrastructure to one that is flexible, resilient and able to support the organization's business strategy and goals for delivery of technology-enabled health care.
Kaiser Permanente requires a dedicated effort to build the technical foundation that supports current and future technology demands on behalf of our members and patients. The Program develops strategy and delivers sustainable next generation capabilities in partnership with Regional Leadership for key infrastructure areas: Networks, Telephony, Data Centers, Disaster Recovery, and Continuous Availability for life-critical applications.
1. In order to ensure that it will achieve its objectives and fulfill its charter, the Infrastructure Program seeks an experienced executive capable of developing and leading the following organizational capabilities:
Engagement: grow and mature an engagement processthat leverages executive level relationships with medical groups, IT, regional and functional leadership to align Program delivery with strategic and regional capital plans.
2. Performance Management and Delivery: ensure IP delivers, operationally, on all of its commitments - refining common delivery processes, interfaces, instrumentation, metrics, and decision support efforts to sustained levels of excellence consistent with sustained delivery of 600+ complex infrastructure development projects annually.
3. Governance: optimize the existing governance model such that it identifies and effectively supports the complexly interwoven objectives of a matrixed organization of stakeholders, customers and providers supporting delivery of multiple interdependent tracks of work in eight regions supported by hundreds of recharge and contract/consultant/vendor resources such that effective decisions are made and communicated at every level of the organization.
4. Shared Services: deliver shared services to the IP organization that are harmonized with shared services functions across the enterprise including Finance, HR, Communications, Compliance, Performance Management, Leadership Development, and Community Benefit.
This executive will be responsible for leadership of the following functions
1. Organizational Alignment
- Strategic and operational engagement and alignment with executive stakeholders, partners and customers to ensure on-time, right-quantity delivery of IP value
- Regional engagement and alignment of IP delivery and financial plans with Regional Capital Plans
- Program governance, including managing communications, calendar, agenda, and action items for multiple executive and working group governance bodies
- Performance management, including development and leadership of an initiative-wide performance management organization capable of ensuring predictable delivery of program value
- Financial planning and tracking that aligns operations and project delivery to budget forecasts and multi-year plans
- Communications and branding: develops marketing and communication strategies, plans and presentations to support IP business objectives.
- Human resource planning, including staffing and workforce planning, career development, succession planning, training and education, and individual development plans
- Initiate a talent development plan that takes a strategic view of all IMG talent. Activities could include developing a 2 year assignment program rotating high potential employees to groups outside of IMG to help strengthen and broaden IMG's perspectives.
- Compliance management and leadership over audit responses and required compliance activities and training
2. Operational Delivery
- IP operationsroadmap and plancreation, including service definition, tracking and reporting for all products and services in the IP portfolio
- Delivery of special projects
- Organizational metrics and governance reporting
- Establishing and ensuring Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are well defined and regularly met
- Resource management, including management of recharge agreements for 200+ internal resources and vendor management for key suppliers providing 100s of implementation resources.
3. Departmental Leadership
- Leads definition, tracking and reporting on key organizational goals and objectives
- Accountable for developing a three year cohesive strategy document that integrates IMG work with business deliverables, within acceptable investment guidelines.
- Chief of Staff to department VP, acting as the senior most resource in the department responsible for representing the Program in forums where the VP is not in attendance as well as leading the development of operational strategies key to achievement of the department's goals.
- Organizational and leadership calendar planning and maintenance.
- Organizational design and transformation.
- Leadership development.
- Process definition, optimization and integration with ITIL and other KPIT practices and standards.
- Special events and team building/values engagement.
- Internship program leadership.
- Community Benefit leadership and planning
This position is accountable for developing a high-performing team, creating and maintaining effective working relationships within and outside the organization, and strategic planning supporting the delivery of exceptional implementation results on behalf of the transformational Infrastructure Program journey.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, business administration or related technical field
- Minimum 15 years increasing responsible IT leadership experience, including 5 years executive-level leadership for enterprise technology strategy, transformation, design/engineering or operations services in a large scale, highly reliableFortune 100 IT organization including transformational accountabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and mature a large, complex, matrixed organization across a geographically distributed workforce.
- Preference for candidates possessing a master's degree.
- Expertise in one or more IT infrastructure disciplines, ITIL and TOGAF certification are recommended.
Submit Now Click here for additonal requirements