Finance Manager IT Infrastructure Program (Network) Oakland, CA
IT Infrastructure Program - Finance Manager - Network , Oakland, CA
The IT Infrastructure Program (IP) is a multi-year initiative to remediate and transform Kaiser Permanente's aged and fragile technology infrastructure to one that is flexible, resilient and able to support the organization's business strategy and goals. Kaiser Permanente requires a dedicated effort to build the technical foundation that can support current and future technology demands from our members and customers. The Infrastructure Program focuses on Network (LAN/WAN, Voice and Wireless), Disaster Recovery, Continuous Availability, and Data Center Strategy.
The Manager of Network Finance position is a client facing role responsible for supporting Executive Director of Network Operations, Executive Director of Network Strategy and the program track leads for LAN/WAN, Voice and Wireless. This role is a strategic thought partner in the strategic development and direction as well as financial planning for the program.
This role also supports the processes that produce the annual budgets, Long range financial plan, quarterly cost center forecasts, board package updates, executive reporting, and on-going strategic analysis of IT driven strategic initiatives in the Infrastructure Program Network tracks.
As the Finance Manager, you will join a strong leadership team directing the work and career growth of financial analysts who are responsible for the financial integrity of the various IP approved infrastructure projects or programs. You will be a change management expert and guide the organization to deliver excellence. You and your staff will provide strategic advice and recommendations to IT Senior executive leadership including VP, senior VPs, CFO and CIO as well as IT regional leadership groups. You will also present the financial updates to a variety of high level project oversight groups at the enterprise level as well as at the regional level.
The Infrastructure Program Finance team has developed a very strong and collaborative relationship with the Infrastructure Program operations teams which you will maintain and build upon.
- lead and manage financial analysts in providing actionable analysis
- monthly financial updates and recommendations to senior IT and finance leadership
- creating and communicating executive level financial presentation to senior leadership
- on-going education of the operational teams regarding financial policies and processes
- recommendations regarding financial process improvement to finance and operational leadership
- tracking of actual spending, budgeting/forecasting and long range financial planning
- monitoring and reporting the activity based costing for each project and identify gaps and issue for senior finance leadership as well as make recommendations regarding cost tracking
- foster a strong relationship with counterparts in Infrastructure Management Group (IMG) Finance to ensure collaborative and integrated solutions for shared responsibilities
- work closely with the Regional Engagement team to ensure program financials (Budget, LRFP, Forecast, variances and other program changes are communicated thoroughly and in a timely manner
- work closely with other aspects of the IP Finance team, such as Reporting and Governance
- provide financial leadership and guidance to the operational team for potential process improvement and to ensure alignment with Infrastructure Program strategy
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of Finance experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of financial planning, analysis, and decision support experience.
- A minimum of 5 years management experience which includes executive interface and reporting, organization development, change management, and supervisor experience.
- Significant experience in business case development for large scale multi million dollar projects.
- Must have experience with cost/benefit analysis, cash flow and NPV analysis, scenario and sensitivity analysis for large scale business cases.
- Proficient with Excel and Power point presentation.
- Experience with benchmarking and market analysis.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and key accounting policies.
- Must be a self starter and can operate independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical, executive level communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent and proven collaboration skills
- Demonstrated financial and operational integrity
- Knowledge of activity based costing (ABC) and familiar with standard activity costing structures.
- Previous working experience in an IT organization.
- Knowledge of Kaiser Permanente's systems and financial tools is highly desired including Business Objects and/or Cognos.
Submit Now Click here for additonal requirements