Senior HR Consultant San Jose, CA
Works closely with local and regional management to direct Human Resources functions and to facilitate the delivery of HR services for the area. This may include one or more hospitals, medical offices, and/or other business entities, functions and services. Provides expert coaching and guidance on company wide and local HR programs and initiatives. Engages managers to anticipate and plan for future resource needs and requirements based on health care and local market trends and conditions. Consults with managers to address root causes of human resources issues and to provide leadership in developing action plans and coordination efforts for resolution. Provides guidance to less senior HR staff.
- Functions as key point of contact for TPMG, KFH/HP managers, and local labor leaders to provide consultation, direction, and guidance to facilitate resolutions on moderate to complex HR issues. Ensures the HR functional departments provide consistent, excellent, efficient, and seamless services to the area through matrixed HR staff. Directs local HR staff, including locally deployed staff that report to regional HR functions, to optimize resources and build efficiencies.Assists with and contributes to planning, implementation and ongoing management of programs and initiatives across all HR functions. Partners with local HR leadership to develop strategies to meet area goals. Collaborates with local HR functions such as HR Compliance, Disability Management Consultants, and regional HR functions to fully address local multifaceted issues.
- Consults on moderate to complex HR issues. This includes, but not limited to, advising and educating leaders on understanding union agreements, performance management problem identification/solving, facilitating to resolution, HR risk management assessment and mitigation plans, employee leaves and legal requirements, benefit programs, compensation policies for base and incentive programs including employee classification controls, workforce strategy and recruitment plans, and management training programs. Engages with more senior HR Consulting staff on moderate to complex issues and with HR functional subject matter experts for subject matter expertise and advice. Develops, implements, and manages HR programs using multi-disciplinary perspectives. Leads local implementation of HR programs, policies and procedures. Assists with leading employee wellness, employee satisfaction surveys, and other efforts. Interprets data to support operational decision making. Must have ability to operate effectively in a complex matrix organization.
- Minimum eight (8) years experience in Human Resources roles requiring negotiation and consulting skills working with managers and operational leaders.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public health, psychology, human resources or other related field, OR four (4) years' experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Computer literacy required.
- Excellent communication skills with external applicants, internal candidates, managers and vendors.
- Excellent organization skill in a fast moving, deadline driven work assignments.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in two (2) or more functional areas of Human Resources i.e., labor relations, recruitment, learning&development, workforce planning.
- Master's degree in business administration, psychology or human resources related fields.
- Certified PHR or SPHR, Six Sigma, executive coaching, and/or Project Management Professional.
Primary Location: California,San Jose,San Jose Medical Offices - 275 275 Hospital Pkwy.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name: Human Resources
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements