Workplace Safety Specialist San Leandro, CA
Under general supervision in a team environment, works under Labor Management Partnership (LMP) guidelines to determine methods and processes for the reduction/elimination of workplace injuries and illnesses. Provides systems of safety consultation, training, risk analysis, and risk reduction/elimination recommendations to all levels of staff.
- Serves as a professional/technical liaison between workplace safety committees and related work groups in support of Kaiser's initiatives.
- Responsible for the successful creation and maintenance of new and existing injury reduction plans and interventions.
- Leads the design, development, and implementation of training programs, including train-the-trainer programs for targeted workplace safety work groups.
- Provides training to healthcare staff on the proper utilization of patient handling equipment, including equipment for unique or unconventional patient transfer situations.
- Conducts ergonomic worksite and/or task evaluations in cooperation w/ Occupational Medicine and Employee Health.
- Recommends corrective action while demonstrating sensitivity to time and budgetary constraints.
- Ensures and implements evaluation recommendations and employees who are given training required for any new equipment or procedure changes.
- Oversees and completes projects that vary in scope and scale while ensuring compliance w/ regulatory standards and financial allocations.
- Attends and facilitates meetings.
- Conducts follow-up analysis of evaluations, recommendations, and training.
- Prepares and disseminates injury rate data, risk analysis, mitigation strategies, and related information to workplace safety work groups and management.
- Uses a variety of software applications to research, compose reports, analyze data, and present information using written and multi-media strategies.
- Performs other workplace safety duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of previous experience performing ergonomic work site assessments, preferably in a health care environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in worker safety, injury prevention, disability management and/or ergonomics required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, health care administration, environmental health and safety, or other related field OR four (4) years of experience in a direclty related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrate knowledge of California laws and regulations as they apply to workplace safety, worker's compensation and disability management.
- Consulting, collaboration, and team development skills required.
- Must be proficient with PC applications, including word, spreadsheet, database, and presentation graphics.
- Strong customer service and communication skills, with ability to compose reports and other communications that are free from grammatical, spelling and syntax errors.
- Ability to travel frequently to different Kaiser locations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience conducting training classes and workshops, facilitating meetings, and coordinating projects in complex organizational environments.
- Certification or formal training in OSHA worker safety, accident investigation, and disability management highly desirable.
Primary Location: California,San Leandro,KP Post Acute Care Center 1440 168th Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 24
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Thu (Variable)
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Facilities Services
Public Department Name: Skilled Nursing-Therapy
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements