Marriage Family Therapist Pleasanton, CA
Previous post license, paid experience as a member of a psychiatric treatment team in an outpatient setting/program under licensed supervision (usually two to four years). Knowledge of state regulations with regard to ethics, treatment, patient rights and confidentiality. This position in for an adult team therapist. Duties include individual, group, family therapy, and case management as needed. This positions may be eligible to transfer to other MH/ CD sites within the DSA. Eligible to work weekend hours.
- Interviews patients and family members to assess nature and extent of psychiatric problem.
- Develops, implements and evaluates treatment approaches for patients and affected family members.
- This may include individual, marital, family, group and intensive therapeutic modalities.
- Maintains confidential individual case summaries.
- Confers and consults with staff physicians regarding patients progress and treatment; confers with attending physicians regarding hospitalized patients and recommends treatment plans.
- Provides appropriate support to members family, including explanation of treatment, instructions in how to support treatment and interventions to increase acceptance of and adherence to treatment.
- Utilizes resources of public and private agencies and community organizations to meet the needs of the members treatment to include referral of the member and/or members family to external resources.
- Establishes liaisons to utilize resources of public and private agencies/community organizations to meet member and program needs.
- Participates in departmental program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have the authority of hire, fire or discipline.
- Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Customer Service - In all interactions with patients, members, physicians, staff and visitors, demonstrates service-oriented behaviors that include culturally sensitive good manners, respect, and polite communications.
- Demonstrates openness to creative and innovative approaches to providing service.
- Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; treats co-workers, patients and facility visitors with respect.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification to ensure that instructions and requests are fully understood.
Provide individual, group, case management and family-based interventions for Adult / Child/ Teen MH, CD and dual-diagnosis services for school age, adolescent and adult patients based on experience. Eligible for evening hours and weekend hours. Evening/weekend hospital consultation (on-call) service is required per operational need. Hours, schedule, and work location may be adjusted, consistent with collective bargaining agreements, to meet operational need.
- Master's degree in Applied Behavioral Science required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Current license as a Marriage, Family and Child Counselor in the State of California.
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- May be required to participate in the department on-call rotation.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Previous post license, paid experience as a member of a psychiatric treatment team in an outpatient setting/program under licensed supervision (usually two to four years).
- Knowledge of state regulations with regard to ethics, treatment, patient rights and confidentiality.
Primary Location: California,Pleasanton,Pleasanton Medical Offices North 7601 Stoneridge D
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: NUHW
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Mental Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements