Psych Social Worker (Bilingual) San Bernardino, CA
The psychiatric social worker is a member of an interdisciplinary team who provides direct assessment, diagnosis formulation, treatment planning, treatment intervention & psycho-education to members and/or family members. Must be familiar with all aspects of psychopathology and recognize the appropriate and timely clinical treatment intervention needed. The psychiatric social worker may work with specific age group as is determined by training and certificate. Must be familiar with and have expertise in a variety of treatment modalities. A major time of the position will be spent in direct patient care.
- Competencies: Timely & appropriate assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning & treatment intervention of members.
- Appropriate selection of treatment modality to member's presenting problem.
- Is an effective communicator of clinical material to member & clinical staff.
- Provides high internal & external customer/patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of treatment methodologies.
- Provides appropriate & timely documentation of clinical encounters in member's charts.
- Is knowledgeable of KP & community resources.
- Adheres to all mandated guidelines for patient's clinical care & license
- Maintains license.
- Conduct initial interview w/ Members by eliciting & interpreting the psychological & social meaning of complaints.
- Determines urgency of member's need.
- Provides a professional interpretation of member's presentation & recommends a course of therapeutic action, selects appropriate treatment modality.
- Provides treatment to adults, adolescents, & children.
- Renders appropriate & immediate guidance & therapy for members in crisis or in need of clinical services.
- Maintains written record of therapy, prepares reports & letters; phones, writes & visits (with member permission) social agencies, schools, relatives, and friends to obtain pertinent information.
- Provides clinical consultation in an integrated health care environment regarding family interactions, socio-cultural determinants & community resources
- Provides telephone assessment, counseling, resource information & referrals.
- Proficient in identifying & treating the span of developmental stages.
- Proficient in various treatment modalities including, but not limited to individual, group, family, & child therapy.
- Complies w/ organizational, departmental, state/federal guidelines & all regulatory agency policies & procedures.
- Participates in QM & CQI activities.
This is a Repost of 170810
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Level II required
- Two (2) years of post-graduate experience in a behavioral health setting required.
- Master's degree in a social work required.
- Valid and current California Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage & Family Therapy (LMFT)license required.
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) nomenclature required.
- Skills required to treat adults, children, & families individually & in group.
- Strong CBT, Solution Focused & DBT skills preferred.
- Computer skills needed.
- Works well in a team environment with physicians, therapists, nurses & clerical staff.
- Schedule may vary according to operational needs
- This position may be assigned any of the duties of a Psychiatric Social Worker but at this time will be doing intake assessments/treatment planning, groups, and crisis work.
- May be required to cover ER after hours and on weekends at the Fontana and Ontario Medical Centers.
- May be filled by LCSW or LMFT
- Must successfully pass or have passed the bilingual test (within the last 12 months), or be active in the QBS program.
Submit Now Click here for additonal requirements