Sterile Processing Tech II Salem (On Call) Salem, OR
An advanced position under indirect supervision of the Department Supervisor that performs cleaning, decontamination, assembly, wrapping, or containerization, sterilization, biological monitoring, quality assurance and distribution of reusable instrument trays, medical supplies and equipment throughout the Medical Centers, ambulatory surgery centers, and outpatient medical/dental clinics. This position independently performs the full scope of all central sterile processing functions with an emphasis on rapid and correct assessment and response to critical situations in the OR and/or other medical units.
- Clean, decontaminate, inspect and track reusable instrumentation.
- Observe decontamination policies and procedures.
- Utilize personal protective equipment where appropriate.
- Disassemble, clean, identify and separate varied and complex OR instrumentation appropriately.
- Review, assemble, and package instrumentation singles/trays in preparation for sterilization.
- Sterilize items according to product requirements to include compliance with all ETO, Sterrad, and Steam regulatory and safety requirements.
- Monitor parameters on all equipment.
- Identify, reassemble and stage varied and complex OR instrument trays.
- Collect and/or receive from the medical center and/or outpatient clinics unused reusable instruments and equipment for decontamination and processing.
- Stock OR case carts and perform instrument turnovers in the OR when called and distribute medical supplies as needed.
- Respond to emergency OR calls as requested.
- Have working knowledge of surgical procedures and accurately provide appropriate instrumentation and service.
- Perform quality assurance, documentation and quality control activities on all instrumentation, equipment, and biological testing appropriately to CSP policies and procedures.
- Perform darts and biologicals in OR daily.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent customer service in a healthcare environment.
- Apply knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
- Certification of completion from a formal Central Sterile Processing Technology course or six (6) months experience in a Sterile Processing Department.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- CBSPD Sterile Processing Certification or IAHCSMM Sterile Processing Certification.
- Able to work with indirect supervision or independently for the full scope of all designated competency levels in CSP.
- Able to effectively assist other staff in the course of their daily work and training cycles.
- Full knowledge of work environment and potential critical situations.
- Appropriate sense of urgency and timely response.
- Demonstrated effective English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Assist in developing changes in the work environment and related assignments.
- Commitment to task.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Demonstrated conflict/problem resolution skills
- Demonstrated effective time management skills
- Able to stoop, bend, push, pull repetitively the full duration of shift.
- Able to life 65 pounds and carry a distance of 100 feet or less for the full duration of shift.
- Able to push or pull a cart weighing up to 350 pounds.
Primary Location: Oregon,Salem,Skyline Medical Offices 5125 S. Skyline Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Monday to friday
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: SEIU - Local 49
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Materials Management
Public Department Name: Sterile Processing
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements