Activity Therapist Sacramento, CA
Provides both leadership and assistance in planning, implementing, and administering the activity program for an acute care, inpatient psychiatric unit. Participates as a member of a multidisciplianry treatment team and is under the general supervision of the Activity Therapy Supervisor.
- Meets daily with treatment team to evaluate patient progress, and to determine or modify general treatment objectives and plans.
- Participates regularly in group therapy, individual therapy, and occasionally as co-therapist in couples and family conferences.
- Provides daily records of participation in activities for each patient.
- Participates in creation of an environment which promotes self-awareness, open communication, mutual respect, and opportunities for all to make their unique contributions to the patient-staff community.
- Collaborates with the Activity Therapy Supervisor in establishing departmental philosophy, standards, longterm objectives, and in designing basic program components.
- Assists in preparation and administration of annual budget.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures to insure safety, effectiveness and economy in activity program operation.
- Plans, organizes, and leads daily group activities such as awareness and communication exercises, body awareness, art therapy, drama therapy, outings, cooking, sports and games.
- Trains and supervises nursing personnel, occupational and recreation therapy interns.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- 100 hours of supervised field work in psychiatric setting.
- Bachelor's degree in occupational therapy or recreation therapyOR four (4) years ofexperience in directly related field.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of symptoms, dynamics and treatment of basic psychiatric disorders; theories, techniques of the fine arts therapies and other adjunctive therapies.
- Ability to relate to patients and staff with empathy, respect, and consideration; to communicate clearly, and willingness to openly examine personal and professional conflicts.
- Self-awareness, versatility, flexibility, and patience.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California,Sacramento,Sacramento Commons Building 2008 Morse Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Psychiartry - Mental Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements