Physical Therapist Home Health Hospice Sacramento, CA
This job is limited to Physical Therapists who are required to make home visits at any given time, or who have responsibilities which include working in the patients' place of residence. In accordance with agency policy and state/federal regulations, provides independent, age-appropriate physical therapy to patients in their place of residence. Teaches patient/family and caregivers preventative and rehabilitative procedures. Develops and coordinates the plan of care and provides case management.
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction (as appropriate, in relationship to adaptive equipment needs and Activities of Daily Living).
- Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve established goals (for adaptive equipment, as appropriate).
- Initiates discharge planning for physical therapy. Implements the plan of care through direct treatment of the patient, delegates a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel, and coordinates the treatment program with other health care personnel as appropriate. Provides advice and education to patient and family. Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patients towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- As relevant, assesses for adaptive equipment for Activities of Daily Living, based on clinical guidelines. Coordinates adaptive equipment assessment with certified equipment vendors as appropriate. Reassesses adaptive equipment as needed to determine effectiveness and/or modification of equipment. Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy.
- Participates in appropriate and approved educational and clinical research activities in physical therapy. Participates in specialized patient care clinics outside the department.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and review of departmental patient care programs. Performs other duties as needed in the areas of staff education, departmental operations, and departmental projects.
- Supervises the work of Home Health Aides according to regulation and agency policy. Demonstrates on-going progress toward meeting the criteria for professional practice.
- In accordance with agency policy, provides accurate, timely documentation of physical therapy patient management (including assessment for adaptive equipment).
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in physical therapy.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum with a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current license to practice as a physical therapist in California.
- Certification in Physical Therapy or foreign-trained equivalent.
- American Heart Association approved BLS required.
- Current valid driver's license required.
- Must have a National Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Knowledge of Medicare conditions of participation and OASIS
- Clinically skilled to detect early warning signs of complications including medical assessments of skin integrity, mentation.
- Able to differentiate emergent versus non emergent patient care status.
- Able to look at patient holistically, not just body part or functional ability.
- Competent to remove staples/sutures in the home.
- Commitment to Service Orientation.
- Effective English written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in an automated clinical information system preferred.
- Experience in assessment of high mobility equipment preferred.
- Computer literate preferred.
Primary Location: California,Sacramento,S. Sacramento South Valley Centre 5 8241 E. Stockt
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: On-Call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Home Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements