Occupational Therapist Home Health Sacramento, CA
This job is limited to Occupational Therapists who are required to make home visits at any given time, or who have responsibilities which include working in the patients' place of residence. In accordance with agency policy and state/federal regulations, provides independent, age-appropriate occupational therapy evaluation and treatment to patients. Teaches patient/family and care givers preventative and rehabilitative procedures. Develops and coordinates the plan of care and provides case management.
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction (as appropriate, in relationship to their adaptive equipment needs and Activities of Daily Living).
- Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve established goals (as appropriate, for adaptive equipment).
- Initiates discharge planning for occupational therapy.
- Implements the plan of care through direct treatment of patient, delegates a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel, and coordinates the treatment program with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Based on clinical guidelines, may assess for appropriate adaptive equipment for Activities of Daily Living.
- May reassess adaptive equipment as needed, to determine effectiveness and/or modification of equipment.
- Coordinates adaptive equipment assessment with appropriate certified equipment vendors as appropriate.
- Provides instruction and education to patient, family and caregivers.
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patients towards goals, and the need to modifying goals and treatment.
- Evaluates need for interdisciplinary referrals to RN, PT, ST, MSW and HH Aide.
- Participates in multidisciplinary patient care conferences.
- Discharges patient from occupational therapy when the patient has received a maximum benefit from occupational therapy in accordance with federal (Medicare), state and/or other regulatory guidelines.
- In accordance with agency policy, provides accurate, timely documentation of occupational therapy patient management (to include, as relevant, when patient has received appropriate adaptive equipment to meet medical needs).
- Participates in appropriate and approved educational and clinical research activities in occupational therapy.
- Participates in specialized patient care clinics outside the department.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and review of departmental patient care programs.
- Performs other duties as needed in the areas of staff education, departmental operations, and departmental projects.
- Supervises the work of Home Health Aides according to regulation and agency policy.
- Demonstrates on-going progress toward meeting the criteria for professional practice.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to re-evaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in occupational therapy.
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy curriculum with a bachelor's or master's degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current license to practice as an Occupational Therapist in California.
- American Heart Association approved BLS.
- Current valid CA driver's license required.
- Advanced Practice Certification may be required based on operational need.
- Clinically skilled to detect early warning signs of medical complications including assessments of skin integrity and mentation.
- Ability to differentiate emergent versus non-emergent patient care status.
- Ability to look at patient holistically, not just body part or functional ability.
- Commitment to Service Orientation.
- Effective written and oral communication skills (in English).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience in an automated clinical information system preferred.
- Experience in assessment of high mobility equipment preferred.
- Computer literate preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicare conditions of participation and OASIS preferred.
Primary Location: California,Sacramento,Sacramento Arden Annex 3240 Arden Wy.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Home Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements