Sr Occupational Therapist Sacramento, CA
Provides independent occupational therapy management of patients, under the direction of the Director of Rehabilitation or designee. Provides occupational therapy services in specialized patient care clinics, and assists in the development, implementation, and review of departmental patient care programs.
- Evaluates patients and interprets evaluation findings to determine the nature and extent of dysfunction.
- Establishes treatment goals and plans treatment to achieve established goals.
- Initiates discharge planning for occupational therapy.
- Implements the treatment plan through direct treatment of the patient, delegates a portion of the treatment plan to appropriate supportive personnel, and coordinates the treatment program with other health care personnel as appropriate.
- Provides advice and education to patient and family.
- Evaluates need for and trains patient/family in the use of special equipment or devices and adapts as necessary e.g., splints, slings, prosthesis, A.D.L equipment or refers to other disciplines as necessary for effective treatment.
- Regularly reassesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patients towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharges patient from occupational therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from occupational therapy.
- Provides accurate, timely documentation of occupational therapy patient management.
- Participates in appropriate and approved educational and clinical research activities in occupational therapy.
- Participates in specialized patient care clinics outside the department.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and review off departmental patient care programs.
- Performs other duties as needed in the areas of staff education, departmental operations, and departmental projects.
- Demonstrates on-going progress toward meeting the criteria for professional practice.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as an occupational therapist required.
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy curriculum with a bachelor's or master's degree with certification in occupational therapy or foreign-trained equivalent.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Licensure to practice occupational therapy by the State of California.
- BLS required.
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Ability to perform both routine and complicated therapy under general supervision.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California,Sacramento,Sacramento Hospital 2025 Morse Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Variable
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Rehab Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements