Human Resources Leader Sacramento, CA
As a member of the senior leadership team, this position directs Human Resources functions for the area. This may include one or more hospitals, medical offices, and/or other business functions and services. Directs and leads complex local HR strategic planning initiatives. Provides broad scale expert consultation, direction and guidance to executives and their senior leadership teams. Engages senior leaders to anticipate future HR resource requirements based on health care and local market conditions. Leads, manages, and coaches all locally deployed HR staff to meet local area and regional goals. Collaborates with leaders of regional HR functions who provide subject matter expertise consistent with local and regional requirements and practices. Responsible for providing consistent, excellent, efficient and seamless services to local leadership, managers and employees through matrixed HR staff.
- Leads, manages and directs local HR staff, including locally deployed staff that report to regional HR functions, to optimize resources and build efficiencies.
- With expertise in strategy, integration, planning, training and communications, provides broad scale expert consultation, direction and guidance to executives and their senior leadership teams.
- Develops and implements long-term people strategies, policies and practices that reflect the vision of the local medical center, regional HR and Kaiser Permanente. In alignment with regional Human Resource's vision, creates and leads HR strategies and solutions that support achievement of business goals, optimize performance and drive transformational organizational change and effectiveness.
- Establishes procedures and practices which promote consistent interpretation and application of HR policies, statutory regulations and programs. Uses efficient and cost effective approaches to integrate technology into the workplace and improve business processes.
- Proactively engages with senior leaders in shaping HR consulting accountability outcomes. Examines policy issues and strategic plans with both short-term and long-term perspectives. Anticipates potential risks and opportunities; vets them with senior leadership as appropriate.
- As a key member of regional HR leadership team, contributes to HR initiatives across the region and Kaiser Permanente. Provides perspective on impact of initiatives on local operations. Co-leads with regional HR leaders, employee wellness, employee satisfaction survey, and other critical business initiatives.
- Ensures compliance on all HR matters to include accountability for outcomes of HR-related surveys, and audits by regulatory agencies or compliance functions.
- Consults on all HR issues, including, but not limited to, advising/educating leaders on: understanding of labor agreements and working in a Labor/Management Partnership environment; effective performance management of staff, HR risk assessment and mitigation plans; leaves of absence management and associated legal requirements; workforce planning and recruitment strategies; employee compensation and benefit programs, and leadership development programs and talent review processes.
- Collaborates with regional HR leaders for subject matter expertise consistent with local and regional requirements and practices.
- Must have ability to operate effectively in a complex matrix organization.
- Minimum twelve (12)years of experience in strategic planning and human resources management or business management.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, public health, psychology, human resources or other related field required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Extensive knowledge of human resources laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and consulting skills.
- Excellent team building, conflict resolution, group interaction, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in project and budget management.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals and manage others through influence and collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to determine the key issues in a particular operational situation, involve the appropriate individuals, and develop appropriate plans of action from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Must be able to collaborate and work effectively in a complex highly matrixed organization.
- Prior experience working with organized labor.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in business administration, psychology or human resources or related fields (ie JD).
- Certified SPHR, Six Sigma, executive coaching, and/or Project Management Professional.
Primary Location: California,Sacramento,Sacramento Hospital 2025 Morse Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Job: Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name: MedFac-HR Business Partner
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements