Chief Quality Officer\Area Quality Leader Sacramento, CA
Drives clinical quality & safety programs. Responsible for the strategic development, planning & control of health plan & hospital's quality programs & for leading the implementation of compliant programs at the facility, including associated alliance hospitals & other non-KFH facilities. Facilitates the development of programs & processes that meet regulatory requirements. Focuses on organization-wide systems & processes for improvement, including clinical quality Mgmt, risk Mgmt, AR&L & patient safety activities, in collaboration w/clinical & administrative personnel. Oversees & facilitates internalization & monitoring of Regional Sub-regional Srvs. Ensures practitioner review & oversight meets internal standards. Responsible for quality program oversight, associated medical staff issues, member concerns & grievances to ensure submission to accreditation & regulatory bodies are timely & accurate; & ensures that processes supporting submissions are reliable. Facilitates health plan assessment of quality programs at the medical center including MDQR. Develops strong collaborative leadership relationships w/TPMG, external regulatory agencies, accreditation bodies, employer groups. Has joint accountability to develop systems & corrective action plans for the facility to meet regulatory compliance.
- Accountable for the development & implementation of programs across the facility, which encompass strategic planning for the achievement of quality outcomes.
- Establishes appropriate Hospital/Health Plan oversight through partnership w/ TPMG, the medical center executive leadership team & Depts. Leads quality & patient safety efforts related to the implementation of electronic medical records. In conjunction w/the Assistant Administrator for Patient Care Srvs & TPMG leadership, develops & drives performance improvement activities that are cost-effective & efficient.
- Responsible for leading the design of reliable systems that support evidence based optimal care in both hospital & non-hospital setting. W/ TPMG, implements & monitors disease Mgmt programs & processes across the continuum of care.
- Monitors & assesses clinical quality & srv trends, external environment & internal practices, & makes recommendations to develop/adjust strategy to meet the changing business & market conditions.
- Supports & oversees the use of evidence based guidelines, criteria & other clinical tools to reduce variation in clinical practice & to optimize clinical outcomes. Evaluates performance through the development/maintenance of statistical processes, control charts & regulatory databases.
- Directs accreditation, licensing & regulatory activities & ensures compliance in all applicable settings, including but not limited to MDQR, NCQA, The Joint Commission, DMHC, DHS, Medi-Cal, Cal-OSHA, & CMS. Implements sustainable systems for meeting accreditation, regulatory & licensing requirements. Assigns direct accountability for oversight w/in the quality Dept & ensures operational integrity for performance.
- Ensures that facility policies, practices, & procedures comply w/administrative, legal & regulatory requirements of health plan, health plan contracts & governmental & accrediting agencies. Identifies new legislations' effect on Hospital/Health Plan & leads programs that ensure alignment w/new legislation.
- Accountable for comprehensive infection control programs for surveillance prevention, data analysis & reporting, & control of infections across hospital, medical group, & environmental support Depts & serves as liaison for infectious disease & the Dept of public health.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in clinical and management roles in a health plan or multi-faceted health care system and multi-provider settings.
- Master's degree in business, health care, public administration or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance, quality improvement, utilization review, risk management, and accreditation and licensing requirements including The Joint Commission, NCQA, Knox-Keene Act, Federal HMO Act, CMS, Cal-OSHA, Public Employees Medical and Hospital Act, HIPAA and Medi-Cal regulations and standards.
- Track record achieving superior results that demonstrate performance improvement and quality and service outcomes.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Clinical license such as RN or Pharm. D preferred.
Primary Location: California,Sacramento,S. Sacramento Hospital 6600 Bruceville Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Job: Healthcare / Hospital Operations
Public Department Name: Quality
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements