MRI Technologist II Roseville, CA
Operates magnetic resonance imaging equipment to produce cross-sectional images (photographs) of patient's body for diagnostic purposes. Under the direction of the Chief of Radiology and the Imaging Services Director, with latitude for independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative, performs related technological functions to ensure optimal diagnostic quality of patient care utilizing efficient and safe processes.
- Performs patient studies according to set protocol including placing specified coil close to area of interest.
- Operates imaging and other equipment devices so that quality diagnostic services are provided, including keying commands to specify scan sequences into computer, adjusting transmitters and receivers, and keying in data on keyboard of camera to photograph images.
- Interviews patient to explain magnetic resonance imaging procedures to address patient concerns and exhibits a high degree of tact, courtesy and poise when interacting with patients, staff, and visitors.
- Ensures patient and staff safety, including explaining safety protocol, requesting removal of hazardous metal objects, alerting staff of danger or carrying metal around magnet, and monitoring patients via closed circuit TV.
- Orients new hires and trains MRI Technologist, students, trainees.
- Trains MRI Technologists I in MRI procedures.
- May be required to direct, check and train other MRI employees in absence of MRI Supervising Technologist.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Have two (2) years of Regular (twenty (20) hours or more per week) continuous recent experience as a MRI Technologist and be fully proficient in all the duties required of a MRI Technologist II to the satisfaction of the department manager.
- High School Diploma/GED.
License, Certification, Registration
- California Venipuncture Certificate (must be obtained with 6 months of hire).
- CRT - California Radiologic Technologist License.
- BLS required.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in teaching other Technologists.
- May be required to direct, check and train other MRI employee.
- Must be fully proficient in MRI to the full satisfaction of the department manager and have knowledge of the required protocols in performing complex MRI procedures.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other incumbents of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- ARRT certification preferred.
Primary Location: California,Roseville,Roseville Hospital 1600 Eureka Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: on-call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Imaging / Radiology
Public Department Name: Radiology
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements