Senior Strategic Customer Engagement Manager Rockville MD Rockville, MD
Provides oversight to the Mid-Atlantic workforce health consulting operations, consults with strategic customers and leads major projects that inform the growth and market strategies essential to support KP's revenue and membership goals regionally and program wide. This customer facing capacity/role to support sales and account management in meeting the Workforce Health needs of customers, brokers and consultants and is responsible for increasing enrollment, member satisfaction and retention. Responsible for the evaluation, development and effective implementation of programs to support customers' worksite wellness needs. Responsible for supporting consultation and effective implementation regarding KP services to help employer workforce populations improve their health and wellness and better manage chronic conditions. Improving health and workforce productivity is at the core of KP's value proposition and the purpose of this position reflects the importance of supporting the messages, tools and offerings to position KP to better tell its value story to current and prospective employer customers.
- Works with director to develop scope of work for team, sequencing, defining value proposition, setting strategic and business direction, context & priorities for the team. Provides oversight, coaching & management to Workforce Health consulting operations team, and senior individual contributors across the organization (e.g. Analysts, Data Consultants, Senior Market Strategy Consultants I, Senior Market Strategy Consultants, Senior Consultants, and Senior Data Consultants) across the program. Manages end-to-end operations of Workforce Health Consulting team to ensure the best execution possible.
- Partner with Sales and Account Management (S&AM) in the development of Workforce Health programs and strategies to achieve sales and retention goals. Responsible for the development and management of complicated program proposals, recommendations, implementation plans, communication packages, performance measurement tools, and training materials related to the assigned project. Leads development of complex RFP responses. Responsible for conducting workforce health presentations to customers, brokers and consultants including at National, Strategic, and L&T, Board of Director and C-Suite leadership levels. Accountable for program engagement through all consulting stages. Facilitates customer and S&AM and Products engagement throughout the development life cycle. Responsible for strategically influencing and developing, and executing engagement plans and complex projects in collaboration with internal and external customers, decisions are made based on customer information and relevant internal and external data. Accountable for tracking, analyzing and reporting program evaluation and results for both customers and Kaiser Permanente leaders.
- Directs the analysis of customer business processes enterprise-wide or very complex client or program needs. Leads functional requirements and prepares workforce health program plans and oversees program implementation. Leads the process to find innovative approaches to solutions support, market research of emerging or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment. Identifies onboarding requirements for customer implementations and/or works collaboratively with customer on non-standard custom implementations. Creates workflows, process diagrams and gap analysis development.
- Demonstrates leadership, influence, driving for results, communication, conflict resolution and motivational skills. Ability to negotiate, convince and lobby for ideas amidst competing priorities. Educate and communicate goals, strategy, and methodologies clearly and persuasively. Consult and build relationships with internal and external partners.
- Provide analytical/strategic-thinking and leadership skills that enable project teams to isolate business issues/opportunities; design and execute processes and analytics for implementing Strategic Customer Engagement programs including studying business issues (market research, scenario planning, forecasting, technology, etc); bring technical/content expertise (competitive intelligence, operational expertise, utilization, market research, deep data analysis & programming); vet findings and make formal recommendations to senior levels of KP leadership; review/approve strategic recommendations. Incumbents would manage teams whose work includes strategies to support Marketing, Sales, Business Development membership goals, leveraging internal feedback, customer feedback and market research findings, competitive intelligence insights to further develop and refine Workforce Health Operations team processes, services, and special projects. Selects, develops, evaluates, coaches, and advises personnel.
- Minimum eight (8) years of content/functional experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of management experience.
- Minimum three (3) years consulting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, Public Health, Health Promotion, Marketing OR four (4) years of experience in related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Strong project management skills
- Evidence of strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong results orientation, consulting, collaboration and relationship skills
- Ability to quickly respond to customer needs (internal and external needs)
- Ability to navigate highly complex projects
- Strong technical aptitude (Working knowledge of MS Office, PowerPoint, Acrobat, Survey Monkey (e.g., word processing, PowerPoint presentation skills, Excel/spreadsheet and database software)
- Strong passion for health and wellness - must display and maintain a personal commitment to health and wellness.
- Positive; solutions oriented team player
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis, ability to develop business cases.
- Workforce health/population health experience/expertise
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends impacting the delivery of employee health and productivity programming.
- Event management experience
- Change management experience
- Project Management certification (PMP) preferred
- Welcoa Certification preferred
- Masters in Health Care Administration, Health Promotion, Public Health, Business Administration.
Primary Location: Maryland,Rockville,Rockville Regional Offices 2101 E. Jefferson St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Sales and Marketing
Public Department Name: Workforce Health Consulting
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements