Delivery System Project Coordinator Rockville, MD
Independently provides most complex project coordination and administrative support for senior executive(s), and as needed, for other senior management members.
- Independently provides project coordination and most complex administrative support for Chief Operating Officer and Vice President of Delivery System Operations, and as needed, other senior management members to include the following: Independently designs and creates reports (including data base management for a wide variety of initiatives) and participates in special cross-functional projects that require complex project coordination and independent judgment, in response to business needs. Independently composes complex and detailed correspondence for senior executive(s) using in-depth KP knowledge, business acumen/functional knowledge or using knowledge of organization policy or procedures; independently researches and updates department documents usually of a confidential nature. May use intermediate to advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access functions and other software applications as needed.
- Coordinates workflow across KP departments; takes initiative to design and implement new processes as needed. Exchanges and interprets non-routine information; works in collaboration with various levels of staff and management.
- Develops solutions to complex problems and scope requiring a thorough knowledge of KP department practices and the executive's area of responsibilities. May deviate from established procedures to address unique/complex project work steps.
- Schedules the daily appointments for the executive(s). Manages multiple calendars to include arranging complex special events; requires strong understanding of broad business requirements and coordination of ambiguous dependencies. Coordinates arrangements for executive meetings and other events. Collects information for the executive to prepare for meetings and other events. Makes travel and lodging arrangements for the executive as required.
- Provides periodic informal work guidance or direction and training to team members. Works independently and checks in with manager at project milestones. Exercises independent judgment and acts on behalf of executives within scope of authority implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Interacts with KP executives, employees across multiple organizations, as well as external representatives at the executive level, serving as a liaison for the department/function to discuss and resolve complex administrative matters, business processes, and project activities to facilitate department goal attainment.
- Manages inquiries (phones, email, in person) and directs to appropriate parties based on functional/operational knowledge; independently responds to routine to most complex inquiries.
- Manages executive travel and business expense budgets, as well as billing and payment authorization for planned and unplanned expenses and special events; handles recharges across business units. Anticipates and proactively resolves potential budget overages. May assist the executive and/or finance liaison with the development of preliminary budgets, variance reports and other data sets.
- Provides administrative support for assigned area of responsibility that exists within an executives' jurisdiction; represents executive to ensure required action is timely, including KRONOS review and compliance tracking of direct reports.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum three (3) years of administrative support and coordination experience required and an additional two (2) years of support for senior or executive management.
- Bachelor's degree required, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience in the use of, design, development and maintenance of databases and spreadsheets is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Discretion in handling sensitive and confidential materials required.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and reason on approaches to improve quality of service is required.
- Proven ability to coordinate workflow and utilize interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization are required.
- Ability to create tables; merge documents; create pivot tables; and develop graphics and Power Point presentation from notes required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and knowledge of office management skills are required.
- Outstanding problem solving skills are required.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service is required.
- Strong organizational skills to set up systems, monitor timeliness of workflow, and completion of work are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in KP websites within 60 days of employment required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the healthcare field is preferred.
- Lotus Notes and Internet experience preferred.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment and adapt and respond quickly preferred.
Primary Location: Maryland,Rockville,Rockville Regional Offices 2101 E. Jefferson St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT)
Public Department Name: Delivery System Operations
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements