Senior Financial Analyst Rockville MD Rockville, MD
Provide financial guidance and analytical support to Senior Management through budgeting, planning and forecasting for the Mid-Atlantic States region.
- Prepares highly detailed short and long range financial modeling for the region. Analyzes actual financial data to explain variances, identify trends and call attention to operational issues that need to be addressed to improve performance. Prepares revised current year forecast to update Senior Management on projected year-end results and the impact on future performance. Serves as a project manager to coordinate with peer departments in order to prepare region' quarterly performance review with Program level senior leadership team. Serves as a liaison to Program Office to communicate results and reforecast.
- Designs and develops various regular and special reports for both financial and statistical matters in order to facilitate financial management throughout the organization. Organizes and conducts regular meetings with Administrative VPs to review financial results for their areas. Acts as an internal consultant to Kaiser Senior Management team on reading and interpreting financial results, analyzing variances and improving performance.
- Creates and coordinates training sessions for business managers on financial reporting systems and budget process.
- Provides support in evaluating costs of various business proposals. Evaluates the profitability of various areas with the region. (Examples are: pharmacy and optical operations and the Baltimore sub-region.)
- Designs and maintains sophisticated computer models, graphs and presentations to accomplish the above tasks.
- Analyzes the operation of the computer systems that we utilize (General ledger, FTE, RMS, Membership, etc.) to identify ways to obtain optimal usage. Reviews computer system reports (writes reports in GL System as necessary) and recommends changes to enhance reporting.
- Serves as a resource for other staff, both within and outside the Department.
- Minimum four (4) years of analytical experience with finance data or statistical analysis required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with advanced skills in Excel, Power Point, or other spreadsheet/database/presentation software required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting or finance OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization required.
- Familiarity with budgeting for forecasting required.
- Master's degree in business preferred.
Primary Location: Maryland,Rockville,Rockville Regional Offices 2101 E. Jefferson St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Accounting, Finance and Actuarial Services
Public Department Name: DSO Consulting
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements