RESEARCH DATA INTEGRATION ANALYST II Portland, OR
Under general supervision, provides database design, data management, and programming for data extraction-transformation-load (ETL) using multiple data systems. Provides data infrastructure support for research projects of moderate complexity. May participate in multi-organizational research projects. Provides expertise in interpretation and use of health care data. Manages a workload of several projects and documents all project work. Is responsible for mentoring new data analysts or statistical analysts.
- Planning, Designing, and Advising on Data Integration: Works with research personnel to identify user requirements. Negotiates performance expectations with customers and creates project work plans to match. In collaboration with project team and IT, develops data definitions consistent with data management standards and conventions. Provides expertise on data sources and content expertise on one or more health care data domains. Performs data discovery. Identifies information gaps and uses knowledge of data sources and technology to recommend solutions and initiates appropriate activity. Exercises judgement on ambiguous work assignments and collaborates when needed to make decisions.
- Developing and Maintaining Data Integration Processes: Develops production ETL programs to run on a periodic basis that are efficient, secure, and robust that conform to production standards. Maintains and generates data marts, integrating disparate data sources. Performs data quality reviews and data characterizations. Conducts code and design reviews to ensure high quality results. Monitors recurring ETL processes, takes corrective action when needed, or escalates problems for resolution to the team lead or data architect. Develops automated actionable reports to inform projects and leadership in a timely fashion. Performs data transfers in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Communication and Support: Engages analysts and project staff in problem definition and solution finding. Answers routine user questions on data, efficient ETL coding with large datasets, and best practices in data use. Actively contributes to knowledge sharing efforts through engagement in team meetings, contributions to knowledge sharing tools, and cross training. Communicates findings to customers via presentations, reports, and meetings. Participates in publication and poster development.
- Documentation: Documents processes, data structures, and data flows for research projects and the research data warehouse.
- Innovation: Stays abreast of technological advances and data system changes. Seeks, identifies, and proposes innovative programming solutions and approaches to data harmonization. Performs other duties as requested.
- Leadership: Technical mentoring of new data analysts and statistical analysts.
- Minimum two (2) years of information systems experience in data warehousing, Extract-Transform-Load programming, data architecture, or similar fields.
- Minimum two (2) years of programming experience with SAS, SQL, or R.
- Bachelor's degree
License, Certification, Registration
- Project management, including: work plan development, setting clear timelines, priority setting, being efficient, collaborative, candid, open, and results oriented.
- Technical specification writing.
- Familiarity with data flow diagraming and process flow diagramming using Visio or similar tools.
- Microsoft Office.
- Proactive problem solver
- Customer focus, as well as a focus on what is best for the organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (1:1, peer, multi-disciplinary group, presentations, written).
- Knowledge of database management techniques relevant to the design, conduct, and analysis of research projects.
- Minimum four (4) years in a research setting or working with health care data.
- Programming experience in a comparable research environment.
- Master's degree in a quantitative or a technical discipline.
- Specific and broad knowledge of KP operations, KP applications, and KP HealthConnect, including Hyperspace, Clarity and Chronicles.
Primary Location: Oregon,Portland,Center for Health Research 3800 N. Interstate Ave.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Research and Development
Public Department Name: Data Warehouse
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements