Construction Financial\Cost Analyst Portland, OR
Responsible for the finance, accounting, cost and business management functions on design and construction projects in support of the Project Manager and the NFS Service Area/Region Team Leader. Projects finance/cost activities include data collection, financial analyses and cost forecasting. Develops and implements project financial standards and procedures. Reviews the project work breakdown structure, ensures cost forecasts are consistent with established and documented project control basis (scope, work plan, schedule), analyzes and reports project cost variances, maintains and reports project cost forecast in accordance with work breakdown structure, tracks project change orders, and provides progress reports. Provides project cost forecast input to Service Area capital planning process.
- Primary focus of this position is on preparing accurate financial transactions and system input for capital projects and/or facility operations.
- Prepares routine and non-routine project data input to the project mgmt/accounting systems.
- Under general supervision, reconciles and prepares project accounting information (opening, completion potential impairments etc.) with Regional Property Accounting.
- Provides input for cash flow forecasts and prepares routine and non-routine analyses for forecast reports for NFS
- Management and Regional Planning departments.
- Under general supervision, conducts performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications, including the consistent use of applicable procedures.
- With oversight, updates assigned financial reporting, prepare trending information and identify areas that may impact regional financial results for review by Senior Financial
- Analysts and/or Finance Managers.
- Prepares and/or assists in developing key management cost reports.
- Performs data analysis of cost trends and schedule impacts for review by Senior Financial Analysts and/or Finance Managers.
- Works with Property Accounting to ensure that project costs are provided in accordance with KP policies and procedures.
- Under general supervision, tracks project completion status, follow up with appropriate persons including both internal and external business partners for required documentation for project costs capitalization.
- Prepares accruals and journal entries for month end close on operating costs; researches unusual variances during month end close.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works on assignments of moderate scope.
- Works within accepted guidelines.
- Requires moderate planning and scheduling.
- Responsibilities impact the achievement of team and/or department objectives.
- Results usually contribute to the completion of projects and department objectives.
- Typical errors would cause moderate delays, inefficiencies and/or expenses.
- Typically involves interpreting and carrying out general guidelines.
- Requires some judgment to develop alternatives.
- Assume other duties as directed.
- Minimum two (2) years of financial or project controls experience.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or other related construction management discipline, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Working knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- General application of concepts and principles.
- Full use and application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
- Basic to intermediate level in computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, email, etc.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years in a financial analysis and/or accounting role in architectural, design, contracting, project management or construction environment.
Primary Location: Oregon,Portland,Kaiser Permanente Building 500 NE Multnomah St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Public Department Name: National Facilities Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements