Sr IT Engineer Infrastructure Security Pleasanton, CA
In addition to the responsibilities listed below, this position is responsible for designing, building, testing, and implementinginformation security technologies, including infrastructure and supporting applications related to data protection, network security,end-point security, and threat monitoring, and/or IAM. This includes managing IS projects through both pre-production and implementation phases by collaborating with internal technology risk teams, infrastructure management, and external businessgroups to understand requirements and design and implement solutions accordingly; testing and validating upgrades,
enhancements, or new technologies prior to production implementation; providing incident support to help resolve and remediate application production issues; and implementing new security controls as appropriate to resolve incidences and mitigate threat risks. This position is also responsible for maintaining a broad understanding of infrastructure security operations, collaborating with the IS Architecture & Strategy team to help develop and validate the long-term direction for security technologies, and providing technical subject matter expertise to support the ongoing assessment and mitigation of information security risks.
- Completes work assignments and supports business-specific projects by applying expertise in subject area; supporting the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines; ensuring team follows all procedures and policies; coordinatingand assigning resources to accomplish priorities and deadlines; collaborating cross-functionally to make effective businessdecisions; solving complex problems; escalating high priority issues or risks, as appropriate; and recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities.
- Practices self-development and promotes learning in others by proactively providing information, resources, advice, and expertise with coworkers and customers; building relationships with cross-functional stakeholders; influencing others through technical explanations and examples; adapting to competing demands and new responsibilities; listening and responding to, seeking, and
addressing performance feedback; providing feedback to others and managers; creating and executing plans to capitalize on strengths and develop weaknesses; supporting team collaboration; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- As part of the IT Engineering job family, this position is responsible for leveraging DEVOPS, and both Waterfall and Agile practices, to design, develop, and deliver resilient, secure, multi-channel, high-volume, high-transaction, on/off-premise, cloud-based solutions.
- Supports the review of team deliverables.
- Provides some recommendations and input on options, risks, costs, and benefits for systems designs.
- Collaborates with team members to develop project support plans, schedules, and assignments.
- Translates business and functional requirements into technical specifications that support integrated and sustainable designs for designated infrastructure systems by partnering with Business Analysts to understand business needs and functional specifications.
- Serves as a liaison with business partners, Solutions, and enterprise architects to define and understand target strategies.
- Collaborates with counterparts in various IT Teams (e.g., database, operations, technical support) throughout system development and implementation.
- Develops and modifies solutions by identifying technical solutions to business problems.
- Provides consultation and technical advice on IT infrastructure planning, engineering, and architecture for assigned systems by assessing the implications of IT strategies on infrastructure capabilities.
- Reviews and makes changes to technical specifications and documentation.
- Collaborates with IT teams and key business partners to troubleshoot complex systems and provides solutions, as appropriate.
- Evaluates existing systems to make recommendations on resources required to maintain service levels.
- Evaluates new service options, identifies issues and impacts, and provides recommendations on feasibility and ROI.
- Collaborates with architects and software engineers to ensure functional specifications are converted into flexible, scalable, andmaintainable designs.
- Verifies system designs adhere to company architecture standards.
- Drives physical architecture design for new initiatives.
- Leads the implementation of assigned enterprise infrastructure systems to ensure successful deployment and operation by developing and documenting detailed standards (e.g., guidelines, processes, procedures) for the introduction and maintenance of services.
Minimum Qualifications:- Minimum four (4) years experience in the planning, design, and implementation of infrastructure or security solutions, including minimum two (2) years of experience in the configuration, implementation, and operation of infrastructure or security technologies.
- Minimum one (1) year in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or a related field and a minimum six (6) years of experience in an IT operations environmentwith technical experience in distributed technologies , systems development, and/or networking. Additional equivalent workexperience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Two (2) years of experience building technology solutions to meet corporate or industry IT regulatory requirements.
-Two (2) years experience in the design and implementation of complex infrastructure solutions.
-Two (2) years experience in IT infrastructure consulting.
-Two (2) years experience in IT compliance reporting.
-Two (2) years experience in database technologies.
-Two (2) years experience using SQL or similar query language.
-Two (2) years experience in infrastructure architecture/engineering, including experience in the design and implementation of storage, server, middleware, and/or database infrastructure.
-Two (2) years experience in IT security or identity and access management.
-Four (4) years system administration experience.
-Three (3) years experience in database administration.
-Three (3) years experience in storage management and/or administration.
-Two (2) years experience working on projects or programs requiring the integration of cross-functional technology and/or business solutions.
-Three (3) years engineering experience in identity and access management.
-Security certification (Security+, CISSP, CISA).
-Two (2) years experience working with an enterprise digital certificate management system.
-One (1) year of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above)
-Three (3) years experience writing technical documentation in an infrastructure development environment.
-Three (3) years experience working in a large matrixed organization.
-Two (2) years experience working with IT vendors.
-Three (3) years experience working with an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
-Four (4) years experience working with configuration management software.
-Master's degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field.
Primary Location: California,Pleasanton,Pleasanton Tech Cntr Building B 4480 Hacienda Dr.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: M-F
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: Technology RIsk Office
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements