Education and Training
- Submit Now
Health Education Instructor II Pleasanton, CA
Conducts health education classes using basic to moderately difficult or varied curriculum designed for the improvement of health of Kaiser members and non-members. May conduct classes of various health related topics.
- Teaches and models self-management skills, concepts, resources, and tools related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification to class participants.
- Assists participants in developing specific behavioral goals.
- Provides individual instruction and counseling as needed.
- Assesses needs of class participants and modifies class content or teaching methods to meet those needs.
- Applies evidence-based education techniques in teaching methods.
- Answers questions and provides class participants w/ appropriate resources of information.
- Arranges and coordinates room set-up, availability of materials, and audio/visual equipment.
- Maintains records of training activities including attendance rosters, homework assignments, class evaluations, and timesheets or phone TIME system.
- Administers and collects class evaluation forms and class fees.
- Conducts follow-up phones calls to participants including those who missed sessions to determine reason for absence, monitor progress of participants, and answer related questions.
- Completes required continuous training and education such as those related to workplace safety, legal and regulatory compliance, accreditation and license requirements, and department specific requirements.
- Maintains and promotes knowledge and utilization of resources related to health, lifestyle change, and behavior modification offered by Kaiser Permanente and through the community.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience teaching classes or conducting training programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related to field of course instruction.
- Licensed or professional credentials or certification in the field as appropriate to the course instruction
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and group process.
- Basic knowledge of health concepts, preventive health care, and behavior change.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated skills in teaching techniques and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate diverse groups of people w/ understanding of group dynamics.
- Ability to function independently and exercise professional judgment.
Submit Now Click here for additonal requirements
Recent Kaiser Permanente Jobs
- No similar jobs available