Laboratory Tech Support Supervisor Oxnard, CA
Responsible for the supervision and daily operations of the laboratory, coordinating all unit activities and promoting optimal department and individual technical performance of support staff such as Lab Assistants, Lab Aides, Path. Tissue Techs, Autopsy Techs, and Lab Clerks.
- Supervises and ensures the quality, quantity, and reliability of the work performed by all laboratory support staff.
- Optimally schedules and distributes personnel during periods of varying work load.
- Reviews specimens to ensure they are collected and processed according to established time and quality standards.
- Acts as liaison between medical staff and clinical laboratory to clarify orders, obtain missing information, resolve problems, and coordinate the processing of special and routine tests.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local, medical center, and departmental regulations and policies.
- Ensures that work areas are maintained for cleanliness, safety, and aesthetics.
- Provides staff with ongoing training, orientation, evaluation, coaching, and disciplining.
- Fosters teamwork and harmonious relationships within the department. Handles and resolves patient and staff concerns in a timely manner.
- Responds to patient care issues to maintain quality of service.
- May oversee the collection and documentation of patient fees.
- Determines the supplies needed for operation of assigned area(s) within the laboratory.
- Maintains a cost effective budget and keeps current with new products and vendors.
- Assists in the coordination and maintenance of the laboratory disaster plan.
- Develops procedures and systems to meet patient care, staff and physician needs.
- Maintains and updates departmental manuals.
- Collects workload data and other statistical data as required.
- Maintain computerized access for all laboratory specimens.
- Minimum five (5) years of technical experience in a clinical laboratory.
- Minimum one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current phlebotomy or technologist certification required.
- Recent experience (within three years of hire date) in a high volume clinical laboratory required.
- Knowledge of management theories and principles.
- Knowledge of medical terminology. Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- This position requires travel to all 10 MOBs in the West Ventura Area (part of Woodland Hills Area), including but not limited to the two primary locations mentioned above.
- This position may require to work weekends or Holidays as needed.
Primary Location: California,Oxnard,Oxnard 2200 E. Gonzales Rd. Medical Offices 2200 E
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Entry Level
Public Department Name: Laboratory
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements