Inpatient Occupational Therapist On Call Clackamas, OR
Upon referral and in collaboration with other members of the health care team, the OT uses clinical judgment skills to treat patients with actual or potential health problems. The OT is responsible for implementing OT programs to prevent disability from immobilization, surgery, following disease, injury or loss of body part; to restore function and return patient to maximum potential. The OT will coordinate therapy activities with other health care disciplines.
- Delivers quality treatment programs to patients ranging in age from pediatric to geriatric in compliance with competency checklists.
- Evaluates the physical status, functional abilities and age-specific needs of patients to determine the current level of functioning, self-care, self-responsibility, independence, and quality of life.
- Develops and implements a treatment plan which involves the patient, family and social support systems:
- Identifies interventions to reach reasonable goals.
- Coordinate and collaborates on treatment options.
- Advocates to enhance patient's social support systems, facilitates environmental modifications, and creates new support systems.
- Integrates discharge planning early in treatment based on continuing assessments and stated expectations for achieving treatment goals and objectives
- Provides treatments based on established departmental guidelines and protocols.
- Demonstrates competency in managing patients based on competency checklists.
- Utilizes all equipment appropriately and safely per established protocols, manufacturer's guidelines, and competency checklists.
- Completes all chart documentation according to the criteria of the record review checklist.
- Provides written documentation, departmental and interdepartmental, that is legible, complete, and timely.
- Provides patient handouts that are effective and appropriate for patient understanding.
- Maintains professional competency by attending continuing education applicable to the specific patient population treated.
- Presents in-services as appropriate.
- Supports organizational mission statement and goals.
- Complies with departmental safety precautions/procedures.
- PPD, CPR, Safety fair.
- Uses safety precautions when transferring patients.
- Demonstrates time management skills by meeting productivity standards, using patient treatment time effectively, and utilizing time between patient treatments efficiently.
- Coordinates therapy activities with other health care disciplines when appropriate.
- Utilizes resources appropriately.
- Participates in maintaining a clean, safe, and organized department.
- Performs duties in a professional manner demonstrating dependability, flexibility, and teamwork.
- Adheres to professional practice standards and guide for professional conduct.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and employee medical information.
- Adapts to changes in assignments and/or new conditions in work environment.
- Actively participates in intradepartmental and interdepartmental efforts to ensure high quality, comprehensive care.
- Provides quality customer service.
- Makes accommodations in daily work schedule to meet patient's needs.
- Interacts with patients/families/other staff in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Complies with Quality of Service Behavior Guidelines.
- Demonstrates problem solving by taking ownership of patient and organizational problems and working to resolve them when they occur.
- Demonstrates initiative by independently beginning new projects and/or resolving departmental issues.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Graduate of accredited program in Occupation Therapy. New graduate acceptable.
- Licensed for Occupational Therapy license in State of Oregon or Washington upon hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers within sixty (60) days of hire.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathology.
- Equipment operation.
- Basic to moderate computer skills to complete documentation.
- Advanced degree in specialty preferred.
- Knowledge of patient assessment and treatment specific to patient load preferred.
- Orthopedic skills preferred.
- Group dynamics preferred.
Primary Location: Oregon,Clackamas,Kaiser Sunnyside Medical Center 10180 SE Sunnyside
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 1
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun,
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: OFNHP - Professionals
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Occupational Therapy
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements