Supervisor Release of Information (Clackamas OR) Clackamas, OR
Supervise the Release of Information Department staff to ensure cost effective, appropriate, high-quality, contemporary and accessible services which meet legal, regulatory and compliance standards.
- Provide leadership and staff supervision to accomplish timely and qualitative response to release of information requests. Ensure staff capabilities through established Kaiser Permanente policies and procedures and prescribed management and personnel practices. Maintain compliance with legal and regulatory mandates and established work life standards. Measure and monitor employee performance in quality and production. Apply regulatory policies and procedures for access and disclosure of PHI (Protected Health Information). Seek methods to identify training needs. Educate and in-service employees to maintain current knowledge of release of information policies and procedures. Make decisions regarding non-routine situations in the release of information. Conduct employee performance evaluations. Recommend and recognize outstanding performance. Ensure proper documentation of all work functions. Acts as a co-facilitator for Unit Based Team meetings.
- Monitor and administer work flows and staffing to meet expected goals of service. Identify work trends, and analyze and implement plans of action to improve work methods, productivity and use of resources. Serve as Custodian of Medical Records in legal proceedings to answer Subpoena Duces Tecums.
- Stay current with skills needed to perform duties of Release of Information Specialist and Release of Information Assistant. Continually acquire contemporary knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to release of information, office management, customer service and release of information practices.
- Coordinate and promote effective communications through cooperative problem solving with internal and external service contracts. Collaborate with the Integrity, Compliance and Ethics department to track impermissable disclosures and act as a liaison for the region answering questions on policy for release of PHI. Develop and maintain a motivated and professionally satisfied staff. Allocate available resources to support staff tasks and keep staff informed about the region's mission, strategic direction, values and the external environment to increase their effectiveness. Report and track compliance findings according to organization policy.
- Establish and supervise ongoing quality assurance programs that achieve regulatory compliance and community and regional quality standards. Design training to promote strong shared values, programs, policies and practices that ensure members receive high quality, appropriate and accessible Release of Information services.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Minimum three (3) years experience supervising, leadership or training.
- Minimum two (2) years experience working in release of health care information.
- Associates Degree in HIM or related discipline.
License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough knowledge with demonstrated experience in release of information, applicable state and federal laws, regulatory requirements and recommended practices.
- Thorough knowledge of supervision and communication principles.
- Working knowledge of an EHR, preferably EPIC system.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse population of people from varying backgrounds.
- Ability to make presentations to various professional and public groups in formal, informal and impromptu situations.
- Demonstrated ability to apply and work with office automation communications.
- Ability to motivate and organize work groups and serve as a role model.
- Ability to respond calmly and professionally in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize Release of Information with limited resources and time allotment.
- Ability to explain and educate customers and staff regarding complicated Release of Information laws.
- Minimum three (3) years experience supervising in an integrated care delivery system.
- Minimum five (5) years experience working in release of health care information.
- RHIT, RHIA or CHPS Certification.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate with a diverse population of people from varying backgrounds.
- Knowledge of health care compliance, confidentiality, ethical, legal and privacy and security issues.
- Thorough knowledge with demonstrated experience in Release of Information requirements and recommended practices within an integrated care delivery system with both ambulatory and inpatient medical records.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows-based software applications.
- Thorough knowledge of medical terminology.
- Thorough knowledge of OR/WA and Federal laws regarding the release of information including drug and alcohol, HIV, genetics and mental health.
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management or related discipline.
Primary Location: Oregon,Clackamas,Regional Process Center 10220 SE Sunnyside Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Medical Records
Public Department Name: Release of Information
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements