Research Associate II Irvine, CA
Coordinates day-to-day activities of several small scale project(s) or phases of one or more larger projects. May oversee assigned work of project staff. Works under general supervision. Final review required for each phase of project.
- Coordinates day-to-day activities of several small scale project(s) or phases of one or more larger projects. Collects project data through interviews, chart review or other methods. May collect, secure and assist with biospecimen management.
- May assist in development of study tools (e.g. tracking forms, questionnaires, chart review forms, etc.).
- Assists with and/ or oversees assigned study activities (e.g. data collection and validation, recruitment activities, pilot studies, focus groups, etc).
- Drafts project progress reports collaboratively.
- May participate in the training of new team members and/or clinical staff. If assigned to clinical trial, may work with Sponsors/ monitors at clinical sites.
- Adheres to compliance and privacy/ confidentiality requirements and standards. Adheres to GCP and compliance regulations for clinical trials.
- Assists with and/ or oversees quality assurance of study activities; ensures quality data.
- Acquires and maintains knowledge of KP systems and databases.
- Identifies, recommends and implements solutions to study issues.
- May interface with IRB and/ or draft portions of IRB protocols, amendments, continuing reviews, etc.
- May supervise the day-to-day activities of project staff (ex. assign work and evaluate performance, etc).
- May assist with staff hiring and training.
- May contribute to portions of study presentations.
- Serves as a member on department or study-related committees.
- May track expenses and monitor budget. May recommend budget actions/ decisions.
- May provide information and oversight for invoices.
- Reviews scientific literature and synthesizes and summarizes information.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in public health, healthcare administration, epidemiology, or healthcare-related field.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience coordinating research projects under specific guidance.
- Minimum one (1) year of training and/or experience in research methodology/research study design, hypothesis testing; OR
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in clinical trials protocols involving research methodology/research study design, and hypothesis testing.
- Bachelor's degree in public health, healthcare administration, epidemiology, or health-related field (ex. Biology, Psychology, etc.), OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience with interviewing (by phone and/or in-person) and medical chart review.
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative data interpretation.
- Experience coordinating one or more projects.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in public health, healthcare administration, epidemiology or related field.
-Strong knowledge in Women's Health necessary and previous research experience.
-Requires travel to other OB/GYN clinics in the Orange County area.
Primary Location: California,Irvine,Alton/Sand Canyon Medical Offices II 6650 Alton Pk
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Research and Development
Public Department Name: Women's Health
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements