Assistant Manager Social Services Ontario, CA
These positions typically assist a Manager or Director of Social Services by functioning in one of two roles: (1) managing the daily operations of an entire Social Services department or (2) managing the daily operations of an assigned service(s), programs(s) or function(s). In a Home Health department or hospice, the Assistant Manager of Social Services may assist the Home Health or Hospice Manager by managing the day to day operations of Social Service programs; providing clinical and administrative supervision to licensed social workers; developing social services budget, business and service plans; implementing quality management/improvement programs for social services; developing and implementing social services policies, procedures, protocols and clinical practices/ standards.
- In any of the above described role functions, these positions assist the Department Director or Manager to: Plan, develop, implement, maintain and improve/evaluate social services; policies and procedures.
- Delivery of social work programs/services.
- Quality management.
- Fiscal management, and patient/community planning services.
- Manage staff (including staff deployed to multiple departments and locations).
- Ensure competencies.
- Provide clinical leadership and supervision/consultation.
- Develop, implement and monitor the quality management programs for social services.
- Assess and analyze staff development needs.
- Develop and/or present educational/development services that support the delivery of high quality social work.
- Develop and manage departmental budget and costs including identification and implementation of opportunities for improved services, value enhancement, and cost reduction/management.
- Manage (including collaborating with human resources) and resolve human resources, labor relations, employee performance issues.
- Safety and risk management issues on a first level basis.
- Analyze and implement appropriate staffing levels and skill-mix.
- Recommend, develop, and implement new programs enhancing quality of care and services to specialized patient populations.
- Participate in writing and/or developing grant proposals.
- Identify community resources; collaborate with community organizations in developing new programs and enhancing community services for members and other users of our services.
- Collaborate/consult with medical center physician chiefs, departmental managers, other users of social work services, regional departments, and health plan members on psycho-social matters/service needs and ensures that service is provided in an integrated and comprehensive manner.
- Identify issues which interface with service delivery and develop techniques to resolve them.
- Ensure compliance with federal, local and state regulatory/compliance standards.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical social work experience, including minimum one (1) year in social work supervision in an acute hospital setting.
- Master's degree in social work from an academic institution accredited by the Council of Social Work Education.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current and valid LCSW.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize knowledge, principles and practices of fiscal and program management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of social services treatment/delivery issues, as well as theories of human development and psycho dynamics.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Responsible for the clinical supervision and consultation of the department staff and social work interns.
- Responsible for the clinical supervision of licensing hours for staff in the process of obtaining LCSW.
- Responsible for the oversight of the Medical Social Work Department in Fontana/Ontario Service area.
Primary Location: California,Ontario,Ontario - Vineyard Medical Offices - D 2295 South
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Behavioral / Mental Health
Public Department Name: Social Services
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements