Executive Account Manager Labor & Trust Funds Oakland, CA
Responsible for retention, increased membership, and the sale of new products and services for existing accounts in assigned book of business to achieve membership, revenue and margin targets. Creates and executes a business plan that positions KP to optimize our opportunities across book of business. Develops and implements marketing/account/book of business strategies which enhance Kaiser Permanente's position in the market. Leads the work of account teams and account support to ensure the execution of effective sales strategies. Develops strategic partnerships to optimize account growth.
- Efficiently directs the collaboration in the development and execution of all strategic and tactical plans to achieve optimal growth potential and optimal business partnership in each account.
- Proactively identifies membership growth, retention and expansion opportunities through analysis of customers' business objectives, their industries, and the dynamics of the health care market.
- Proactively develops ongoing member enrollment strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Positions the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership growth and protect against losses.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case which assesses membership and financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Guides team to develop 365 strategies and Open Enrollment engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop and execute territory and account management sales plans and strategies.
- Leads and manages the account team to achieve a consistent experience across all KP regions, develop specific account plans, and direct daily activities to achieve account goals.
- Develops and leads the implementation of an enterprise strategy for each customer and/or consultant that meet both KP enterprise and KP regions' business goals and meet the needs of the customer /consultant.
- Develops and executes strategy and account plans to ensure attainment of group-specific goals and optimal positioning including administration functions, negotiations and customer presentations.
- Identifies and analyzes current industry and competitor trends, and applies knowledge of marketplace to account planning processes.
- Identifies and coordinates marketing, management and technical resources to achieve existing account sales plan objectives.
- Provides strategic recommendations to the design of new products, benefits offering, or pricing models that will address customer needs and business challenges.
- Strengthens KP's competitive position in the marketplace.
- Develops strategic partnerships to continuously improve our business relationships with customers to optimize the growth potential in each account.
- Directs the team effort across both internal account teams and key cross-functional and cross regional partners to effectively execute strategy.
- Builds and maintains broker/channel partnerships to increase business potential.
- Initiates and leads account specific strategy development with internal departments.
- Initiates and facilitates KP executive collaboration to reach agreements on recommended strategic issues and policies related to specific accounts.
- Strategically consults with customer channels on all components of their strategy/offering.
- Develops and executes account plans to ensure attainment of group-specific goals.
- Proficiently leverages use of support staff including Associate Account Managers to optimize sales execution and time management.
- Continuously monitors performance against plan adjusting as market and KP imperatives dictate. If Occupational Health (CA):
- Proactively develops ongoing strategies to achieve growth targets.
- Presents issues to executives in the form of a business case, which assesses financial impact along with other relevant factors.
- Guides team to develop strategies and engagement plans to achieve growth targets.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in the health care industry.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Minimum six (6) years of experience in workers' compensation processes, products, and contracts. Education
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, business administration OR four (4) years of experience in sales, account management or health plan administration.
- If Occupational Health: Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration,risk management and insurance, nursing OR four (4) years of experience in business development, risk management, and/or insurance. License, Certification, Registration
- Experienced in meeting individual business objectives.
- Superior customer service skills with the ability to articulate and respond to highly complex issues.
- Advanced computer and analytic skills, including experience creating client presentations using Microsoft Office programs and use of client databases.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and persuasion skills.
- Effective account management skills.
- Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures.
- Complete knowledge of all company products and services and may be tasked with sales/ development of new or strategic products.
- Complete understanding of and experience with employee group benefits.
- Thorough knowledge of health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
- Demonstrated strength and ability to interface with and influence key decision makers/clients through use of negotiation skills, dealing with ambiguity and conflict management.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Expertise in handling difficult client issues related to workers' compensation services, policies and procedures.
- If Occupational Health (CA): Knowledge of occupational health care industry, understanding of current/future trends and changes in laws/regulations.
- CA Accident and Health Insurance license required within 90 days of hire date.
- If National Accounts or Stockton Telesales: All applicable state license(s) required within 90 days of hire date, as dictated by regional requirements.
- If Medicare Sales Representative/Sales Managers/Enrollers: No license requirement.
- If Occupational Health: No license requirements.
- Five (5) years of experience building internal networks and consensus to shape decisions of upper management.
- Five (5) years of experience working with senior-level managers and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility for relationship management and consultation.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience actively participating within the account management team to identify barriers and build a successful strategic planning to advance relationship and goals.
- Five (5) years of experience in underwriting processes, healthcare products, and contracts.
- Previous experience which demonstrates the ability to work with employers, consumers, consultants, local and inter-regional brokers.
- MHA, MPH, or MBA.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1800 Harrison 1800 Harrison
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Sales and Marketing
Public Department Name: Labor & Trust
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements