Health Wellness & Evaluation Master's Internship Oakland, CA
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
- Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
- Report development and analytics.
- Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
- Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
- Job shadowing in other functional areas.
- Performing additional duties as required.
Strategic customer Engagement is a strategic liaison responding to the demands of the external market environment and partnering with KP internal functions and departments to engage customers and consumers in 1) improving health, 2) growing KP, and 3) positioning KP as a leader.
We also work closely with Community Benefit, the department accountable for delivering on KP's mission.
Intern Project Description:
1. Thriving Schools Analysis and Internal Communications - develop bi-annual newsletter for internal distribution - develop quarterly dashboard summary - support and further -organizational outcomes- measurement work
2. Thriving Schools & Integrated Member Assistance Market Facing Tools - support planning and execution for external webinars - based on S/AM and workforce wellness feedback, revise infosource and Thriving Schools website tools - develop a playbook for S/AM and workforce wellness consultants on -working with schools- - develop talking points and supporting tool(s) for market facing staff to speak to social and non-medical needs and the role they play in health and how KP and employers can support members
3. Thriving Schools Social Emotional Wellness & Integrated Member Assistance - Support development of the Thriving Schools social-emotional wellness strategy - Explore connections of Thriving Schools to Integrated Member Assistance work
4. Integrated Member Assistance Product Management - Manage the -My Advocate- Altegra product- Support product development efforts for the 2017 launch.
Project Management Strategic Thinking Emotional Intelligence Communications Analytics Flexibility Poise in working with different stakeholders Curiosity Microsoft Office (word, powerpoint, excel, etc) Takes initiative and works independently
- Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Kaiser Center 300 Lakeside St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Internship
Employee Status: Temporary
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Sales and Marketing
Public Department Name: Strategic Customer Engagement
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements