Consultant National Market Research Oakland, CA
Market Research Consultant
As Market Research Consultant and member of the Customer Insights team, you will develop and implement quantitative and qualitative B2B custom research projects, as well as tracking research studies for the enterprise and the California regions. You will analyzes data to identify opportunities for improving customer retention, improved customer experience, and/or expand customer acquisition. As a Consultant, you will provide actionable summaries of findings to other departments proactively with a focus on generating insights that facilitate business decisions.
- Reports to the Director of CA and Customer Research and collaborates with market research staff within Kaiser Permanente (located in multiple regions, as well as Program Offices).
- Participates in all aspects of B2B research projects, including project design, programming, data tabulation and statistical analysis. Additionally, prepares written and oral presentations with the ability to convey technical research findings to both lay and technical audiences.
- Presents market research findings to executive level audiences to provide insights, direction and recommendations.
- Consults with the business partners (market strategy, sales operations, product management, and marketing) to deliver compelling research that is timely and relevant. While the Consultant may not execute all Market Research projects that are scoped, this person will provide guidance to others on market research approaches.
- Participates in and supports the design of market research projects, including survey design, interview guides, sampling and recruitment designs.
- Provides Voice of the Customer input at meetings and represent the needs of members, prospects and employers during internal meetings at Kaiser Permanente.
- Must possess strong bias to drive action through the development of strategic implications and recommendations.
- Exercises a continued willingness to learn and excel; identifies imaginative and resourceful solutions to problems; knows there are better ways to do things and seeks opportunities to provide creative and analytical solutions - proactively. In addition, is willing to explore cost effective ways of conducting research.
- Keeps abreast of best practices and new research in the area of research design for the development and administration of online surveys. Continuously drafts recommendations for new features/capabilities to improv e the quality of online and offline research.
- Provides analysis, coordination, and communication support to market research projects on a regional and enterprise level.
- Ensures data integrity by overseeing the creation, maintenance and adherence standards for scorecards. Note that this may include summarization of data and analysis from multiple projects.
- Exceptional writing/language skills with respect to crafting of survey questions, survey instructions, and other survey respondent communications.
- Extensive knowledge of survey research techniques and methods. Strong expertise in questionnaire design. Demonstrated mastery of questionnaire construction and survey instrument flow.
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies, including, multivariate regression, correlation matrixes, and factor analysis. Ideally, candidate will have SPSS analysis skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage expectations with key business stakeholders.
- In addition, the ability to manage the market research vendors and team with colleagues in National Market Research to complete studies on time and within budget.
- Preferred 5+ years of experience with Masters- Degree in related field.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, market research, business, or social sciences with thorough training in qualitative and quantitative analysis and research methodsAND four (4) years of related experience OR a master's / doctorate degreeAND two (2) years of related experience.
License, Certification, Registration
- Requires knowledge of survey research techniques and/or statistical methods.
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving, quantitative, and qualitative skills, including sampling methodologies and statistics.
- Good understanding of and ability to think through causal relationships.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience with a master's degree preferred.
- Experience in both research and business operations preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of health care industry dynamics and trends preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Kaiser Center 300 Lakeside St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Sales and Marketing
Public Department Name: National Market Research
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements