Shift Supervisor \ Per Diem \ Oakland Oakland, CA
Acts as the on-site administrative designee for the entire facility for off-shifts and weekends. Manages all the patient care departments, ensuring appropriate quality of care and compliance with regulations.
- Manages the off-hours and weekend patient care activities.
- Ensures staff provides the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Coordinates and monitors staffing for all shifts and maintains appropriate staffing levels and skill mix.
- Participates in developing, reviewing, and updating departmental policies and procedures.
- Identifies and implements best practices to provide improved quality care and services.
- Assess and monitors clinical nursing practice for optimal patient care.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum. Follows-up on all clinical issues.
- Monitors quality of care delivered, ensuring it meets age-related and developmental needs of patients.
- Supervises staff, assesses their needs and identifies educational opportunities.
- Collaborates with all departments throughout the medical center.
- Acts as patient advocate.
- Assists in developing, monitoring and maintaining the budget.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to reduce costs.
- Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Minimum one (1) year of previous supervisory experience required
- Minimum four (4) years of previous acute care hospital experience required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS and ACLS certifications required.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal written and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care related field preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Oakland Hospital (replacement) 275 W. Macarthur Bl
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: On-Call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Nursing Licensed
Public Department Name: Hosp Admin-Bed Control
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements