Senior Counsel TPMG Oakland, CA
Provides legal advice and counsel as requested to TPMG Physicians, Executives, Managers, Administrators and other internal constituents concerning general and specific health care, business and corporate issues, as well as on a variety of other legal issues. Independently handles a variety of complex legal matters. Is able to identify, anticipate, and develop strategies to mitigate legal risks.
- Develops and presents legal advice and opinions relative to TPMG's operations and regulatory requirements.
- Provides day to day legal advice to TPMG, including operations and physician leaders on a wide range of health care, corporate, and other legal issues, including issues specific to physician groups and physician practice.
- Conducts legal research, prepares legal documents and recommends courses of action to ensure appropriate compliance with existing laws, regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Provides advice and drafting assistance on policies and procedures, and on proposed communications that may have legal implications.
- Reviews and advises TPMG management on relevant new and proposed statutes, regulations, and judicial decisions affecting TPMG operations.
- Provides negotiation assistance, reviews, develops, drafts, and prepares contracts with organizations with which TPMG conducts business.
- Monitors, manages, and reviews all work and expenditures for outside counsel to ensure quality and efficacy of legal services.
- Provides/contributes to educational programs for TPMG physicians and other employees on legal issues pertaining to TPMG and Kaiser Permanente.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience with laws and regulations affecting the delivery of health care and the practice of medicine.
- Law degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Active member of the California State Bar, or, within 1 year of employment become a member of the California State Bar or a California Registered In House Counsel.
- Strong client service skills required with demonstrated excellent client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to define the strategy of and provide overall direction to a specified practice area.
- Excellent skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management, and group process.
- Superior communication, consulting, facilitation, negotiation, conflict management, problem resolution, change management skills and consensus building skills.
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities in managing a wide range of projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead professionals through influence and collaboration.
- Understanding of Health Care operations and KP competitors, and economic, social, and legal environment.
- Superior leadership and project management skills. Demonstrated ability to bring projects/initiatives to completion.
- Must possess superior interpersonal skills (oral and written), coaching and mentoring skills, presentation skills, and must exemplify key leadership attributes.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience analyzing and applying health care, contract, employment and/or corporate laws, regulations and guidelines to the practice of law in a health care setting.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1800 Harrison 1800 Harrison
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: Legal / Government Relations
Public Department Name: TPMG Legal & Government Affairs
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements