Architecture Engineer Oakland, CA
Responsible for the TPMG infrastructure management and architecture design to support TPMG business requirements, initiatives and future plans. The future plans includes mapping business strategies to technology strategies, mapping business models to information Technology infrastructure, and establishisment and implementation of architectural standards. Responsible to manage the team at onsite and offshore.
Responsible for the design, implementation, and management of virtual infrastructure. Manages and maintains VMware clusters, VMs, SAN, Active Directory, users and access permission. Monitors and manages systems and applications using OPSMGR., Vcenter, VCM Manages patches in hardware, software, o/s using tools such as SCCM, QMX HP Home Page/HP ILO, Vcenter. Manage and trouble shoot system performance and system availability.
Installs and manages products such as Redhat Linux, Windows, SQL Server, Apache, Tomcat etc. Installs and manages backup and restore. Creates and maintains Infrastructure documentation. Proactively monitor all company production systems and assist with reporting on operational metrics. Ensures that the company information security policies are enforced.
Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
Consistently supports compliance and the Principles of Responsibility (KP's code of conduct) by maintaining confidentiality, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable Federal and State laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and KP policies and procedures.
In addition to defined technical requirements, accountable for consistently demonstrating service behaviors and principles defined by the Kaiser Permanente Service Quality Credo, the KP Mission as well as specific departmental/organizational initiatives. Also accountable for consistently demonstrating the knowledge, skills, abilities, and behaviors necessary to provide superior and culturally sensitive service to each other, to our members, and to purchasers, contracted providers and vendors.
- Extensive experience (usually 10+ years) in IS as a key leadership position including experience with large organization
- Significant experience as a Systems Architect with large IS project and high transaction volume database experience
- Top-notch experience with client/server environments and experience with introducing client/server to a host-centric environment preferred
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience in Engineering, or related technical area
- Masters degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge and technical depth in software applications development, systems software, compute networking, or computer hardware
- Strong verbal and written communications skill required
- Must be able to work in Labor/Management Partnership environment
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing infrastructure technical solutions in high availability enterprise server environment for at least 6-8 years.
- Experience working in datacenter environments with related equipment (servers, PDU's, Racks, cabling, etc.)
- Extensive network experience, including routing, switchs, loasd balancer and firewalls
- Experience in VMware ESX 3.5/4/5/Vsphere for at least 4 years. Knowledge of performance monitoring/tuning, capacity management and security for VMware clusters
- Hands on experience using Enterprise Server Version (ESX) to support mission-critical applications, vMotion, Disaster Recovery, Virtual Center, Capacity Planner,
- Comprehensive understanding of DNS, DHCP, WINS and Group policy, IIS, Active Directory and Citrix
- Extensive experience working with enterprise SAN's (HP EVA, Equallogic a Plus, others desired) including SAN to SAN replication
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of Systems management and administration with an in-depth understanding of operating systems, including, Linux/Unix, Microsoft Windows
- Scripting/system programming a plus Ability to evaluate, and provide recommendations, and implement third party solutions
- VCP certifications required; MCP, CCNP and other related certifications a plus.
- Experience in Vizioncore vFoglight, Software based replication using - Vreplicator, Vranger, Platespin, DoubleTake, EsXpress, Acronis, Storage Virtualization, and WAN optimization is desired
Submit Now Click here for additonal requirements