Data Consultant Oakland, CA
Under general supervision, this position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting data. This position functions both as consultant and as a high-level statistical analytics programmer.
Based primarily in chronic disease epidemiology (obesity, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes in women
- Designs and enhances databases.
- Designs menu systems that are effective and user-friendly.
- Develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information.
- Designs and generates tracking and monitoring tools.
- Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
- Builds and maintains complex statistical routines using macros, vendor software, and software written by self and others.
- Tests and maintains data integrity across multiple databases (internal SAS, DB2, VSAM; external: Adobe, Excel, SAS parsing routines, COBOL).
- Builds sophisticated statistical models and forecasting tools using these databases.
- Defines and frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues and develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- Translates needs, issues, and ideas into effective strategies and action plans.
- Formulates specific implementation plans and evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented.
- Develops creative alternative solutions.
- Works closely with IT and outside partners (and physicians for TPMG departments).
- May coordinate team/project activities and schedules.
- May assist in the determination of goals and priorities with team, clients, or project management sponsors.
- May provide leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors, clients, and various senior level audiences (including physicians for TPMG departments).
- Consult with researchers on the feasibility, design and methods of proposed research projects.
- Perform advanced statistical analyses independently, such as logistic regression, survival analysis, hierarchical modeling.
- Provides data extractions and develop analytic datasets for individual studies.
- Provides high-level analytic programming and statistical consultation to multiple KPNC clinician clients on research projects in a team environment and effectively manage clients and time with minimal supervision.
- Performs other programming, analytic and consulting duties as required.
- Minimum three (3) years of programming in SAS, SQL, VBA, .net or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related analytical consulting experience.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations
research, or related field required OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Broad familiarity with medical practices, especially population management and process and outcomes measurement.
- Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems required
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases required.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Very strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to express complex analytical and technical information to senior management or to audiences with clinical training.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Analytical consulting experience in the healthcare field.
- Knowledge of JCL strongly preferred.
- Master-s degree in statistics, mathematics, public health, etc., or Bachelors degree and equivalent experience.
- MPH in Epi/Biostat.
- Strong statistical analysis and consulting background
Primary Location: California,Oakland,2000 Broadway 2000 Broadway
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: Division of Research
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements