Medicare Data Management Lead Oakland, CA
Includes design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
- Project Management: Manages components of large complex projects and oversees small to medium projects using budgeting and financial tracking controls. Provides project reporting to project sponsor.
- Meta Data Repository: Leads the development of data definitions and meta data structures for information repository and the performance of model management activities in accordance with organizational goals and industry direction.
- Data Design (logical): Performs and leads business information modeling for large, complex projects. Ensures integration of models across projects. Ensures that project information architecture conforms to corporate information architecture or recommends appropriate changes to corporate information architecture.
- Database Development (physical): Designs complex physical databases across multiple platforms, technologies and computing environments.
- Database Performance: Monitors the performance of database systems and makes tuning changes. Oversees ongoing system capacity planning, forecasting, and tuning. Identifies alternate monitoring tools or approaches or the need for monitoring tools.
- Communications: Performs research, prepares technical studies and makes recommendations. Prepares business requirements reports, feasibility studies, and cost justification statements. Articulates information architecture to clients.
- Technology Evaluation: Ensures consistency of recommendations with enterprise direction. Researches and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective systems solutions.
- Methodologies and Standards: Identifies, researches, recommends and develops if necessary, new methodologies for supporting information management as it relates to data management.
- Database Management and Support Tools: Works closely with technical and client management to ensure implementation of database management and support tools for complex business application development requirements and processes in accordance with latest enterprise direction (e.g., diverse development platforms, technological environments, software, hardware and tools).
- Client Consulting: Assists Consultants/Specialists with clients and development areas in the design and implementation of large, complex database solutions. Consults with IT staff and clients to determine the impact of new or revised applications on information infrastructure and architecture. Consults with clients to determine information management requirements.
- Training/Mentoring: Provides training and professional development on new technologies and applications to staff.
- Data Transformation: Assures integration with other databases and applications. Designs and leads the development, testing and implementation of complex extract data transformation systems.
- Database Maintenance: Performs tasks, and provides guidance to Seniors for second level diagnoses and resolution of database problems with divisional or national impact. Works with vendor personnel, if necessary, to achieve timely solutions of database problems. Reports extended outages to clients and Sr. Management within KP-IT. Coordinates with internal/external resources for 2nd level severity problem resolutions.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related experience in design, testing, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's logical and relational databases across platforms and computing environments.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered functional expert in field within KP.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new theories and methods.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1800 Harrison 1800 Harrison
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon â€“ Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Job: Information Technology
Public Department Name: Risk Adjustment, Decision Support
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements