Dedicated Lab Sonographer I Grade 852 Oakland, CA
Under the direction of the Imaging Services Director and Chief of Radiology/ Imaging Services, or other Clinical Service Director where applicable, produces two-dimensional ultrasonic recordings of internal organs for use by Physician in diagnosis of disease and study of malfunction of organs. Performs technological functions to ensure optimal diagnostic quality of patient care utilizing efficient and safe processes. A Dedicated Specialty Sonographer is defined as a Sonographer I or II, registered in one or two disciplines performed by the lab, whose permanent work assignment is in an area where the scope of practice and work is limited to ultrasound exams and procedures in one or two registry disciplines as defined by the ARDMS.
- Exhibiting a high degree of tact, courtesy, and poise, explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Prepares and positions patient for examination.
- Selects equipment for use in ultrasound setup according to specifications of examination.
- Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field, and other specifications of test.
- Starts equipment that produces images of internal organs and records diagnostic data on magnetic tape, computer disk, strip printout, or film.
- Moves transducer, by hand, over specified area of body and observes sound wave display screen to monitor quality of ultrasonic pattern produced.
- Photographs images of organs shown on display module or removes strip printout from equipment to obtain permanent record of internal examination.
- Keys test data and patient information into computer of ultrasound equipment to maintain record of test results.
- Orients new hires.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must have one (1) ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) registry in any specialty. Must demonstrate competence and perform the specialty routinely.
- BLS required.
- NT certification is required to perform genetic screening for Prenatal Diagnostic Centers.Applicants may be hired without certification, but will be required to obtain it within 90 days of hire.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Children's Hospital Oakland 747 Fifty Second St.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: On Call
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Imaging / Radiology
Public Department Name: Echocardiography
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements