Compensation Consultant Senior Oakland, CA
We're looking for a Compensation professionalwho is eager to be part of a key change initiative. This position will be part of a team of consultants who will provide quality consultation to our clients. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an enthusiasm for building collaborative relationships with clients and influencing others, while bringing their perspective, knowledge, and experience to the recommendations they provide. The position will perform staff support activities to develop, implement and administer compensation policies and programs. In addition, it will propose salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices, and recommend corrective or alternative actions to resolve compensation-related problems. It will also review requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate salary grade assignment. Some other responsibilities may include: auditing jobs for content and preparing job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements. Formulating recommendations regarding development of company salary structure, FLSA exemptions, job revisions and organizational structures. Reviewing existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation administration and recommends appropriate courses of action. May prepare special studies and recommendations on subjects such as incentive compensation, bonus plans, sales compensation or other reward and recognition programs.
- Completes and/or oversees salary survey benchmarking and overall program analysis.
- As Subject Matter Expert (SME), designs complex programs and/or policies to meet business needs.
- Works closely with leadership to understand organization needs.
- Prepares special studies and high impact recommendations related to compensation.
- Participates on highly visible task forces/project teams (as SME).
- Develops organization-wide communications.
- Responsible for business process improvement.
- Performs the most complex (non-benchmark & high level) job evaluations.
- Consults with complex client groups.
- Participates in or leads aspects of pay practice development.
- May design complex ad-hoc reports.
- Participates on regional and inter-regional projects.
- Monitors pay equity region-wide.
- Participates in costing impact of compensation programs to include Labor Negotiations.
- Leads aspects of the annual salary planning and variable pay plan administration process.
- Designs incentive plans and base pay plans as well as compensation programs for specific groups.
- Performs compensation program implementation rollout.
- Develops and costs salary structures.
- Develops training and communications; consults with managers/HR business partners.
- May identify comp systems and reporting functional requirements. Ensures that systems needs are met.
- Administers compensation plans with unique requirements (such as sales, union, etc.).
- Minimum five (5) years of compensation or human resources experience to include salary administration duties.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Thorough knowledge and application of compensation principles, theories, policies, practices and systems, plus working knowledge of other related HR fields.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new compensation concepts, techniques, standards or department methods.
- Considered compensation expert within KP.
- Employs expertise as a generalist or specialist.
- Proficient to advanced skills in compensation systems and Microsoft Office applications to include Excel and/or Access.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum eight (8) years of compensation experience preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Ordway One Kaiser Plaza
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Monday - Friday
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name: National Compensation
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements