Workforce Planning Sr Conslt Oakland, CA
Workforce Planning provides consultative and analytic support to executive leadership, management and/or labor partners/leaders to address complex strategic workforce planning issues. The function provides high level analysis, expert consultation, strategy development, complex project management and comprehensive implementation to enable Kaiser Permanente to meet current and future organizational goals. The function integrates strategies and solutions across multidisciplinary functions, including workforce forecasting, recruitment, learning and development, workforce management, finance, strategic planning, and operations.
- Provides workforce planning consulting services for initiatives within an assigned function or region.
- Provides support to the Lead and Principal consultant in the preparation of analyses on the employee population.
- Designs and prepares reports and presentations on demographic profiles, turnover ratios, etc for various audiences.
- Works independently with some supervision to determine reporting needs.
- Manages databases, works with HRIS to ensure data integrity, and perform trend analyses form for historical turnover, recruiting and staffing.
- Analyzes data and provides recommendations to be reviewed by WF consultant and management before being presented to executive management regarding workforce trends, forecasts and supply/demand gaps.
- Supports the development of methodologies for supply/demand workforce forecast models.
- Utilizes tools and processes and tactics to enhance the effective design, development, and implementation of workforce strategies.
- Supports National Function and regional committees and work groups charged with implementing workforce strategies.
- Designs and recommends methodology for measuring effectiveness of workforce strategies.
- Works on assignments of medium to large scope and complexity, impacting single functions or regions.
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant experience in workforce forecasting, care delivery operations, recruitment, learning and development or management consulting.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources management, or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience leading small project teams (up to 10 people).
- Demonstrated knowledge of business operations, management practices and principles, and human resources management trends and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Demonstrated competency in group facilitation and project management.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex qualitative and quantitative data.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement innovative approaches.
- Regularly contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Strong knowledge of industry practices.
- Must be able to skillfully communicate with all Project Team Members, as related to all aspects of the project.
Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in the following:
- Oral communication
- Written communication
- Development of summary-level presentations
- Strong facilitation skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Conflict resolution
- Assessment and feedback
- Team building
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree in business administration, organizational development, public health, public policy, or related field preferred.
- Health care or health insurance knowledge preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Ordway One Kaiser Plaza
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Human Resources / HRIS
Public Department Name: Workforce Planning
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements