VP Resource Stewardship Oakland, CA
The Vice President, Resource Stewardship has Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Health Plan (KFHP/H) responsibility for ensuring quality care and appropriate services are provided to Northern California members experiencing care in the institutional setting and across the care continuum. This position partners with multiple constituents to develop strategies to support effective deliver of the -right care, at the right time and in the right setting.- The position deploys measurement systems, operational processes, goals and investments to effectively improve the utilization performance of the region. Effectively collaborates with Area Managers, TPMG, Program Office staff, other regions within KP, and labor partners to improve the effective support of quality care delivery and service that we provide to our members. This position has administrative, operational, financial, regulatory, and planning accountability for the care optimization strategy and implementation in Northern California. This position will provide strategic leadership and partner with the VP of Operations and the VP of the Continuum to drive ensuring the right care, at the right time, in the right setting. Key areas of focus are Hospital utilization, Home Health utilization, and utilization in our KP SNF and contracted SNF facilities.
- Provide executive level leadership, strategic direction and recommendations over areas of accountability.
- Identify and implement actions in areas of accountability to improve quality, service, financial performance and contractual compliance.
- Supports the structure and processes to develop, implement and assure success of all areas related to effective care optimization.
- Directs other activities as assigned that improve care to our members and the communities we serve.
- Ensuring that Kaiser Permanente (KP) is positioned to maintain ongoing regulatory utilization management compliance across the continuum of care, including NCQA accreditation, Joint Commission accreditation, Medicare 5 Star compliance, CDPH and CMS care delivery compliance.
- Develops and monitors the payroll, non -payroll, and capital budgets and expenditures for assigned areas.
- Developing plans and agreements with Medical Centers and TPMG to ensure utilization management activities are efficiently resourced across the NCAL region.
- Champions new ways of meeting organizational care optimization goals and supporting the transformation of care delivery.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in a high level administrative capacity with accountabilities in the following areas: hospital operations, administrative clinical management, collaboration and partnerships between physicians and allied health professionals.
- Bachelor-s degree in nursing, business, clinical or related field.
- Master-s degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Some experience working in a union environment.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1950 Franklin 1950 Franklin
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Executive/VP
Job: Healthcare / Hospital Operations
Public Department Name: Hospital Operations
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements