Communications Manager Diversity & Inclusion Oakland, CA
This leader will serve as the lead to the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer and work in collaborative partnership with lead communicators in the functional areas and regions to drive the execution of key activities in the integrated diversity and inclusion communications plan. In addition, this leader will assume direct project leadership for specific communications initiatives.
Responsible for providing complex communications consultation, communications planning, implementation and recommended solutions for multiple Kaiser Permanente programs and projects (targeting both internal and external audiences) to meet organizational brand and reputation goals.
- Develop and implement communications plans and tactics to fulfill the strategic and operational goals and objectives of the overall communication program developed by the communications director and/or vice president in order to support the client's objectives and deliver, promote and protect the organization's brand and reputation.
- Lead project or ongoing teams for the purpose of implementing specific communications projects, events, or programs within a given timeframe; strengthening the client relationship; or ensuring high quality. May have direct reports and/or supervise outside vendors.
- Serve as backup to communications director or other leader.
- Develop integrated (internal and external) communication plans for the national functional area strategies, programs, and initiatives, including communications positioning, messaging, and tactics consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand.
- Provide communications consulting to senior-level clients (SVPs and VPs) on internal and external communications. Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing customized communications plans and materials.
- Strategize with client, write communication plans and creative briefs, research and analyze information, write articles, prepare presentations (PowerPoint presentations, speeches and talking points), plan logistics, and manage overall coordination.
- Collaborate and integrate with peers in Brand Strategy, Communications, and Public Relations, including media relations and PR staff, internal communicators, and regional communications staff, to successfully fulfill the communications and brand objectives in the assigned national function.
- Ensure content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand in terms of look, tone, manner, and messaging.
- Manage and complete multiple assignments in short time frames and coordinate diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program.
- Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.
- Bring thorough understanding of Kaiser Permanente's integrated delivery model, organizational structure, mission, and complex communications organization to bear in support of key strategic initiatives and leadership clients.
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience in corporate communications environment, including two (2) years of supervisory and/or major project leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English, public relations, business administration or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience within the last three (3) years planning and implementing complex internal communications plans and projects for a large, complex organization, with track record of increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated experience on cross-functional, integrated (internal/external) efforts.
- Proven experience with organizational change, corporate reputation management, internal brand reinforcement, and stakeholder engagement.
- Professional-level writing and editing skills for Web and traditional media.
- Demonstrated excellence in directly supporting senior executives in large organizations and influencing their approach to communications while nurturing the relationship.
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively in a team setting.
- Able to respond to emerging issues and crises.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Ordway One Kaiser Plaza
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon - Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: External Affairs / Relations
Public Department Name: National Public Relations and Communications
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements