Health Education Instructor II Prenatal Education Oakland, CA
Conducts health education classes using basic to moderately difficult or varied curriculum designed for the improvement of health of Kaiser members and non-members. May conduct classes of various health related topics.
- Teaches and models self-management skills, concepts, resources and tools related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification to class participants.
- Assists participants in developing specific behavioral goals.
- Provides individual instruction and counseling as needed.
- Assesses needs of class participants and modifies class content or teaching methods to meet those needs.
- Applies evidence-based education techniques in teaching methods.
- Answers questions and provides class participants with appropriate resources of information.
- Arranges and coordinates room set-up, availability of materials and audio/visual equipment.
- Maintains records of training activities including attendance rosters, homework assignments, class evaluations and timesheets or phone TIME system.
- Administers and collects class evaluation forms and class fees.
- Conducts follow-up phones calls to participants including those who missed sessions to determine reason for absence, monitor progress of participants and answer related questions.
- Completes required continuous training and education such as those related to workplace safety, legal and regulatory compliance, accreditation and licenser requirements and department specific requirements.
- Maintains and promotes knowledge and utilization of resources related to health, lifestyle change and behavior modification offered by Kaiser Permanente and through the community.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience teaching classes or conducting training programs.
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field to field of course instruction.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensed or professional credentials or certification in the field as appropriate to the course instruction.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to function independently and exercise professional judgment.
- Demonstrated skills in teaching techniques and presentation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate diverse groups of people with understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory and group process.
- Basic knowledge of health concepts, preventive health care and behavior change.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- This instructor will be teaching Prenatal classes, across the East Bay locations (Oakland, Richmond and Pinole). Knowledge and background in prenatal care required for this position. Bilingual is preferred but not required.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Oakland Broadway Medical Offices 3701 Broadway
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 0
Working Days: Variable
Flexiblity to teach evenings, and on weekends required
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Non-Union, Non-Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Education / Training
Public Department Name: Health Education
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements