Project Lead \ Healthcare Strategy Consultant Oakland, CA
The Strategic Planning department is in need of a project leader with strong strategy consulting skills. This position will be utilized across a potentially broad set of top organizational priorities, strategic planning activities, and content areas in support of Corporate Strategy and Transformation. This will include responsibilities within the annual Strategic Planning cycle and helping advance the strategic agenda and decision making with Kaiser Permanente leadership.
As our work has expanded, we are seeking a highly flexible, resourceful, and results-oriented person to join our core strategic planning work team.
The position will work in close coordination with the Executive Director of Strategic Planning. There will be frequent meetings with the SVP and Chief Strategy Officer.
This position will have accountability to lead one or more projects of strategic importance to the organization with high level direction from the ED and SVP. Strong networking and team work will be necessary to work across the organization collaboratively and through influence.
There will also be shared accountability for aspects of the National Functions, Regional, and National Strategic Planning process and content in conjunction with our core team and partners.
This may include a wide range of responsibilities including planning, process design and management, coordinating with communications staff and team members on materials preparation, generating content for strategic meetings to be presented to executive leaders, and dialoguing about the developing plan. Day-to-day work will be highly varied, and typically include several meetings to work with stakeholders and sponsors to advance the strategic work, and translate that work into concise deliverables to be shared more broadly.
Projects and accountable work may touch and span any area of KP-s business Health Plan, Care Delivery, or support functions, including but not limited to: Health and Health Care delivery strategy, growth and business development, enterprise risk management, envisioning the future organization, strategy communications planning, framing of transformational technology, etc.
- Manages complex projects or multiple projects of moderate complexity.
- Leverages knowledge and prior experience to develop appropriate solutions.
- Manages development of business case and may present business case.
- Matches appropriate methods to identified client needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the risk management process.
- Participates in the application of the risk management process.
- Leverages knowledge of and trains Project Management methodology, skills, tools for team members.
- Converts business cases to business plans.
- Develops and executes user training plans.
- Stays abreast of enterprise-wide projects.
- Develops framework and manages the tracking of interdependencies within or across projects.
- Accountable for coordination of collection and validation of business requirements.
- May determine the impact of current/existing technologies on the project.
- Works on assignments of diverse and complex scope.
- Interprets less defined guidelines to make recommendations for process improvements and/or enhancements.
- Requires complex planning to coordinate with other departments or resources.
- Oversees transition of project team members to new projects.
- Ensures lessons learned applied to future efforts.
- Minimum five (5) years of project management experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience re: use of change management process.
- Demonstrates understanding of and applies knowledge in all phases of the project delivery life cycle
- Bachelor's degree in related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
Flexible and comfortable in a highly ambiguous, rapidly changing environment
Humble, willing to -do what it takes- and contribute to the joint work in any way asked
Respectful, tactful, and diplomatic during frequent interactions with senior executives
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Ordway One Kaiser Plaza
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon-Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT)
Public Department Name: Strategic Planning
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements