Creative Director Oakland, CA
Directs creative staff and projects. Develops and guides implementation of creative concepts for varied internal clients, assuring that professional design standards are developed and implemented. Ensures that strategic direction of projects are in line with organizational objectives and business plan. Lead position in creative group.
- Lead and develop creative teams comprised of designers and other staff, contributing to strategy formation and supporting development of design solutions and visuals for projects which are broad in scope and may involve multiple functional areas, service areas or divisions.
- Provide creative direction and technical assistance for design staff to ensure that project designs and processes are cost effective and appropriate to the target audience.
- Provide staff management including hiring, development, motivation, performance evaluation and coaching of diverse and multidisciplinary staff that may include designers, web developers, coordinators and programmers, photographers, animators, illustrators and other media professionals.
- Partner and collaborate with physicians and all levels of management to provide leadership and direction towards meeting creative objectives.
- Educates and instructs these clients on all aspects of creative projects.
- Manage and forecast staffing and team changes to accommodate changing work loads and project flow.
- Provides guidance to teams on productivity and performance issues.
- Develop processes and communication patterns to support high-functioning and collaborative team environment, encouraging joy and fun.
- Develop and monitor operating and project budgets, including forecasting annual capital budget needs.
- Prioritize and handle multiple clients, projects and deadlines, allocating resources and talent as needed.
- Formulate and monitor plans for professional and department development, supporting growth in technology and business skills through formal and informal training.
- Develop and maintain a culture that supports a high-functioning and collaborative team environment.
- Manage and mentor all staff, providing ongoing feedback and career development.
- Partner and collaborate with varied internal client base at all levels of management to produce high-quality design products.
- Develop budget estimates for video and live event projects; track financials to ensure productions meet financial expectations.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in design group with focus on graphic design and creative management.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in supervisory or lead role.
- Bachelor's degree in fine arts (BFA) in graphic design, illustration or related fields.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated ability to lead creative teams and manage multiple high priority projects.
- Understanding of design and production theory and practice for wide range of media such as video, interactive, print, display and web.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills in a wide range of settings including physicians, management and staff at all levels.
- Excellent written communication skills for writing of project proposal, status reports and technical presentations.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software used in media production.
- Working knowledge of media interface technologies for video, interactive and web.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,1950 Franklin 1950 Franklin
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Public Department Name: Northern California Multimedia Communications
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements