Registered Dietitian I Grade 30 San Rafael, CA
Responsible for providing clinical nutrition care & services to patients/clients in response to protocol & physician's orders to include the following: assessment of Patient's nutritional risks/status, development of care plans to meet nutritional needs of patients, counseling of patients & family members, and education of patients, family members & caregivers. In addition, hospital Based RD work w/ the Food Service staff to coordinate the food w/ the diet orders, & work to establish quality standard w/ staff and services provided may be on medical center wide basis, in specialty area (e.g. ambulatory, maternal/child health, home health, hospice, etc.) &/or across the continuum.
- Provides comprehensive nutritional care, which is customer focused & cost effective, while maintaining high quality service standards, to our members.
- Provides nutritional screening & assessment of patients for appropriate nutrition intervention.
- In accordance with physician orders, develop individualized nutrition care plans based on patient's age, sex, diagnosis, cultural background, pain level, preferences, & religious practices.
- Conducts audits &/or menu reviews, & ensures patient menus or supplemental feedings meet nutritional requirements & physician's orders for individual patients to include size, age, gender, cultural backgrounds, preferences, diagnosis, pain level, & religious practices.
- Develops meal plans to meet the member's lifestyle.
- Documents in the medical records as appropriate.
- Coordinates activities w/ the food service department to insure quality & accuracy of the food served to the patients.
- Monitors the accuracy of the tray related to the MNT or diet order according to diet manual.
- Checks for quality of product & is responsible for corrections & quality follow-up w/ manager/supervisor, staff, or vendor.
- Writes assessments, implements nutritional care plans, & follows the care & progress of the patients per protocol.
- Participate in the design, development & implementation of high quality, cost effective food & clinical nutrition programs, policies & practices in the medical center, & ensure compliance w/ administrative, legal & regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development, implementation & maintenance of nutrition care, & service standards.
- Participates in the development & implementation of quality, service & performance improvement processes related to the delivery of clinical nutrition services.
- Contributes to the overall cost structure & service improvement goals of the Service Area.
- Conducts quality assurance audits & participates in committees & meetings to receive & report information.
- Assists in compiling audit information & standard setting.
- Provide feedback to Division Food & Clinical Nutrition Services staff or menu modifications & revision.
- Provides input to the budget process.
- May provide in-service training to staff.
- Participates in the organizations quality program.
- Helps identify risk factors and establish performance targets & goals.
- Performs quality audits, reviews work, & assists others to improve performance.
- Performs other related duties as necessary
- May mentor, assist, review, assign, correct, organize and/or coordinate the work of new employees, students, Nutrition Aides, Nutrition Clerks, Nutrition Assistants and Diet Technician Registered but does not have the authority to hire, fire or discipline.
- Six (6) months of experience in clinical nutrition as a registered dietitian. If working in End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), must have at least one (1) year of experience in clinical nutrition as a registered dietitian.
- Bachelor's degree in foodand/or nutritional science.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current registration w/ the Commission on Dietetic Registry (CDR) in good standing.
- Must have a Nat'l Provider Identifier (NPI), or obtain an NPI, prior to employment start date.
- Knowledge of clinical competencies based on Nutrition Care Standards of the American Dietetic Association, California Dietetic Association (CDA), & American Society for Partenteraland Enteral Nutrition.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state,and local regulations,and The Joint Commission requirements.
- Strong communication, interpersonal,and customer service skills required.
- Collaborationand problem solving skills required.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also, refer to position specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
Primary Location: California,San Rafael,San Rafael Smith Ranch Admin 111 Smith Ranch Rd.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 12
Working Days: Tues, Thu
Schedule: Short Hour
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: United Healthcare Workers - West
Job Level: Entry Level
Job: Nutrition / Food Services
Public Department Name: Outpatient Nutritional Services/Eating Disorders
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements