Manager Community Benefit Health Santa Rosa, CA
Responsible for the development, implementation, and management of region-wide or locally based Community Benefit strategy and programs and plans in order to enhance the health of the communities, support Kaiser Permanente's social mission and protect Kaiser Permanente's non-profit status.
- Develops and manages community health strategies and programs across the region. Implements strategies through grant-making, deployment of organizational assets, and collaboration with internal and external partners to meet identified community health needs.
- Identifies and prioritizes community health needs. Ensures assessments and processes are performed and strategies are developed to meet state and federal requirements.
- Coordinates implementation of strategies with internal entities at the local, regional and program levels with external parties where appropriate to attain optimum impact, scale, and visibility.
- Cultivates and maintains productive relationships with diverse public and community health leaders, and facilitates introductions to KP leaders and colleagues where appropriate. Collaborates with strategic coalitions and partners to further community health goals. Serves on community health coalitions and other task forces, committees or planning groups as a representative of Kaiser Permanente. Communicates Kaiser Permanente's position and commitment to community health and community benefit to internal and external audiences.
- Facilitates active participation among Kaiser staff and physicians in community health and community benefit program development and implementation where appropriate.
- Ensures that programs and activities are in compliance with legislative, regulatory and Kaiser Permanente Regional and Program Office policies. Identifies corporate marketing, community relations, government relations and media opportunities to increase the visibility of the Community Benefit portfolio and leverage opportunities for coordination with internal partner.
- Minimumseven (7) yearsof experience in planning, development, and administration of health or social services at local community, county or state level programs.
- Minimumfive (5) yearsof experience in developing and supporting collaborative partnerships with multiple agencies.
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare administration, public health, social work, public policy or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Ability to manage resources and coordinate across areas and cross functionally.
- Ability to develop and execute collaborative arrangements between departments or organizations on behalf of Kaiser Permanente.
- Demonstrates participatory style, high energy, and a bias for action, with excellent judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate groups effectively.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Experience with oversight of budget and fiscal management.
- Master's degree preferred.
Primary Location: California,Santa Rosa,Santa Rosa Hospital 401 Bicentennial Wy.
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 40
Working Days: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri. May travel between locations in Sonoma, Marin, and Napa counties
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Manager with Direct Reports
Job: External Affairs / Relations
Public Department Name: Community Benefit
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements