Outpatient Physical Therapist II Part Time Kensington Medical Center Kensington, MD
Responsible for physical therapy management of patients under the direction and supervision of the Physical Therapy Supervisor.
- Tests and evaluates the extent of a patient's disability to ensure proper treatment using various tests and procedures.
- Plans therapy program, establishes treatment goals; and administers treatment to restore body functions, strength, relieve pain, and prevent disability through the use of various therapeutic techniques and procedures. This includes patients in establishing goals and obtains patient's informed consent as necessary.
- Provides patients and family members with treatment plan and instructions for home exercise programs and pain relief techniques.
- Upgrades treatment plan and goals as patient progresses.
- Regularly assesses clinical signs and symptoms to determine effectiveness of treatment, progress of patient towards goals, and the need for modifying goals and treatment.
- Discharges patient from physical therapy when the patient has received maximum benefit from physical therapy.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of physical therapy management and patient management.
- Maintains appropriate medical records, documentation for each patient including evaluation, treatment and progress.
- Consults with medical providers regarding patient evaluation and treatment, progress of the patient, and discharge from treatment. Reviews patient records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions, and contraindications.
- Maintains compliance with documentation standards of department and regulatory agencies.
- Establishes safe work environment.
- Maintains clinical competency and ethical standards as outlined in the guidelines of the APTA.
- Maintains departmental supplies, equipment, and apparatus in clean, safe and functional condition.
- Directs and instructs support personnel in performance of more routine procedures as requested.
- Establishes and maintains courteous, cooperative relations with the public patients and other personnel.
- Provides triage Physical Therapy services by providing advice and care either by means of phone triage and/or 1st Contact PT.
- Provides input and/or assistance to Senior Physical Therapist and Physical Therapy Supervisor in the development of new classes, services, member and provider education, development of handouts, and other related services.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years of full time practice as a licensed Physical Therapist in a clinical setting required.
- Graduate of an accredited physical therapy curriculum for a bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree with certification in physical
therapy or a foreign-trained equivalent required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Licensure to practice physical therapy by the State of Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia required.
- BLS certification required.
- National Provider Identification (NPI) required.
- Enrollment in PECOS within 30 days of assignment to position required.
- Actively pursuing and engaging in at least one of these continue education or clinical experience to gain/enhance clinical expertise required as described below:
- Post graduate degree from an accredited university with a specialty focus.
- Fellowship or certificate from an accredited body or organization in a subject matter that is pertinent to our patient population and is clinic based.
- Expertise/competency in a particular subject matter in a clinical subject matter in high demand or in a clinical subject matter that we have limited resources or specialists on staff.
- Expertise/competency that has been gained from years of clinical experience from treating a pertinent diagnosis or patient population.
- Maintains professional and neat appearance at all times.
- Teaches Physical Therapy related Health Education Classes, if demonstrates the required clinical skills.
- Becomes actively involved in supervision and orientation of volunteers within Physical Therapy Department.
- Participates in community activities and member education at least 2 times per year, which may include teaching health education classes, participating in medical center functions and attending community health fairs.
- Is flexible for coverage as needed in other facilities within the service area if appropriate.
- Knowledge of or practice in at least 75% of Basic PT Clinical Core Competencies preferred. Refer to list of clinical competencies.
-Strong orthopedic/general physical therapistflexible with hours highly preferred.
- Candidateinterested in improving their orthopedic skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
Primary Location: Maryland,Kensington,Kensington II Medical Offices 10812 Connecticut Av
Scheduled Hours (1-40): 20
Working Days: Mon - Fri, Variable Days
Job Type: Standard
Employee Status: Regular
Employee Group: Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job: Rehab Services
Public Department Name: Rehabilitation (Physical Therapy)
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
Submit Click here for additonal requirements